C43 Wheel Spacers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BG1981

Car
C43
I've recently just got myself a 2017 C43. Very happy with it - the only thing I feel that lets it down is it's stance. I would like to fit some spacers. I've read the several threads on here and other forums, but I'm not sure if it's me or if there just doesn't seem to be a general consensus. I have the stock 18" 5 spokes on 225/45 (front) and 245/40 (rear). I don't want anything too excessive so was thinking 12mm front, 15mm rear. Can anyone provide me with the best brand of wheel spacer and if the 12/15mm is the right way to go. (UK based).

Thanks in advance.

As I said I've looked through the posts and there doesn't seem to be a clear answer, many have already lowered their cars (mine is stock) and it also seems that the W205 C43 needs a non standard spacer. I'm just unsure of this.

Last edited:
Hi , The first question I would ask myself do Mercedes Benz offer wheel spacers systems for my car.

If Mercedes do offer wheel spacers purchase those. Next issue is inform your insurance company as to your proposed modification to your car.

Do doubt excellent wheel spacer systems exist for track cars but for road cars !

I do talk from considerable experience in vehicle design and a slight alteration in a car construction can induce extra loading on the steering / breaking / suspension systems etc ect

All I ask you to do is be careful

I've recently just got myself a 2017 C43. Very happy with it - the only thing I feel that lets it down is it's stance. I would like to fit some spacers. I've read the several threads on here and other forums, but I'm not sure if it's me or if there just doesn't seem to be a general consensus. I have the stock 18" 5 spokes on 225/45 (front) and 245/40 (rear). I don't want anything too excessive so was thinking 12mm front, 15mm rear. Can anyone provide me with the best brand of wheel spacer and if the 12/15mm is the right way to go. (UK based).

Thanks in advance.
Did you manage to get some spacers? I was thinking about this myself. Coming from years of BMWs it seems much more difficult to get an answer on stuff like this!

Hi , The first question I would ask myself do Mercedes Benz offer wheel spacers systems for my car.

If Mercedes do offer wheel spacers purchase those. Next issue is inform your insurance company as to your proposed modification to your car.

Do doubt excellent wheel spacer systems exist for track cars but for road cars !

I do talk from considerable experience in vehicle design and a slight alteration in a car construction can induce extra loading on the steering / breaking / suspension systems etc ect

All I ask you to do is be careful
Experience in design? yes.......none in actually using spacers i would suggest. Although the things you say are theoretically possible (and may happen on cars I've not driven)....I have put spacers on nearly all my cars to try and lose that "wheels sucked in" look that so many cars have. NEVER had any issues and the cars never felt any different to drive before and after.....the extra load on wheel bearing is minimal and people put on wheels with different offsets all the time.....same effect on geometry....even many factory optional wheels result in different geometry. As for insurance....my company don't care if they are sub 15mm and the rims are still inward of the arches (which they should be to pass the UK MOT....tyre wall bulging past the metal work is allowed just not the wheel itself)....so that's what I use. Every thread on spacers on any marques car forum always generate a post like yours....!! OP....get quality spacers, of the correct thickness that nothing touches on full lock/compression with the correct length wheel bolts and NEVER use non hubcentric ones and you will be fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom