C43 Wing Mirrors

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Lrich

Car
C43 AMG
Hi there,

Newbie to the forum. I have had a C43 AMG for just over 12 months now and absolutely love it! I have what I think is a typical problem with the auto dimming mirrors where the oil has sort of leaked behind the glass.

I have been looking to replace both mirrors and have seen heated ones only on different websites. These are 2 pin connectors in comparison to the standard plug on the c43. Has anyone ever bought these and done a rewrite to make them fit the c43 without the autodim?

This is just one of the minor mods. Going to address the rust next which i am not looking forward to and have someone lined up to remove the centre silencer which should make it sing a bit more :D

Hi,
For info C43 indeed all 202's had heated mirrors from the factory.
Auto dimming drivers side door mirror glass was quite a rare option on a 202 I would be inclined to source a new/second hand dimming glass from e-bay or a breaker like Mercman.
Your drivers side glass should have a 4 pin socket, and the mirror frame itself has a 4 pin plug, this 4 pin plug will have 4 cables, two of which are pink, with a coloured trace, these pink cables are your dimming cables, the other two are for the heating, simply connect these two cables to the heater connections on the non dimming heated glass.

Last edited:
Hi Andy,

Thanks for the info. There is obviously a massive price difference between the mirrors especially when you ask MB. Would be great if I could source one as I would like to keep as original as possible.

Thanks v much!

I bought my dimming glass off of e-bay, though I did have to buy a complete mirror, but only paying just over £50 for it, it was a bit of a bargain.

Nicks probably got them

Euromerc.co.uk

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom