C43 Winter Wheels & tyres

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Thanks . I also ditched the runfalts that the car came with as the ride was lousy. I have 19in wheels and even though the ride is now far better, it is still on the firm side, especially for driving around the poor quality roads of London, hence I was interested in the look and the ride of the 18s as in the future when I am in need of new tyres I may step down to 18s.

On my previous 204 I had 19in wheels and suffered several cracked alloys, so I am quite concerned about having to go through the same experience again with a far more expensive wheel to replace. I'm really not sure as to how good these newer AMG alloys hold up.

The AMG alloys on my C43 were made by Ronal, anecdotal evidence from other users indicates that these alloys are nothing special as far as strength is concerned.

To get superior strength you might have to move to forged wheels which are generally pretty expensive.

18’s will always be less subject to damage than 19’s though - if you can tolerate the look and slightly floatier handling. But if you can get the right design they can look very similar.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom