C43

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Crazyjester900

Car
C200 W202
Hi Guys,

just a quick one.

Can you supercharge a C43's V8 i am very close to getting one and i want to know what i can do with the engine.

Thanks

google "supercharger c43". Seems to be plenty of links that say yes - obviously need to find positive experiences. Just a guess that American sites might be your best place for info.

Heh, you too?

Yes, you can.

I priced mine up at about £2500 all in, excluding the cost of a gearbox rebuild :D

There's video of one on YouTube by the way...

Are you going to need to supercharge it ? Honestly ?

Have you driven one yet ?

The problem i can see is that if they are so rare in Aus , and you supercharge it ( stressing the engine and an already fragile gearbox ) how are you going to be able to get parts for sensible money when it goes bang ?

Probably cheaper for you to buy a UK 43 and ship it to Aus ?

of all the amg's out there, thats the one car i wouldn't bother messing with because of its gearbox. might be cheaper to get a clk55 and supercharged that.

Pretty sure there was a member on here with a supercharged c43.

Iirc it the earlier ones that have the weak boxs and the later ones have the tip box same as mine.

Lynall

The mechanicals of the 43 gearbox are no weaker than any other 5 speed 722.6 box fitted to any other MB's, its the gearbox adaptations in the transmission ECU that cause the weakness. This would be changed by the supercharger installer.
Besides if the O/P buys a proper 2000 model it will be tip with modified ECU software.
There is a C43 running with 500+BHP in the states with a blown M113 55 lump in it, still with the original 43 box and TC in it, only mods to the box was an additional transmission cooler, i believe a pic of this car was posted on this site once. There are about dozen or so 43's in the states running around with the standard gearbox with 55 lumps attached to them.
I do think the O/P will be lucky to get a proper 2000 model as there is allegedly only 91 examples world wide.
Found some info on the Birds Blown CLK430 if your interested drop me a PM, its a 400kb file so i can,t post it on here.

Heh, you too?

Yes, you can.

I priced mine up at about £2500 all in, excluding the cost of a gearbox rebuild :D

There's video of one on YouTube by the way...

Hi,
Who gave you that price? its the cheapest i have seen, any chance of the company name/link?

Buy a Japanese RHD and have it shipped to you. Birds UK used to supercharge C43's.

Birds* |** The UK's Premier Tuning Company

Any names and numbers?

i am happy to do that, basically i have the cash and am ready to go.
I want to buy a Yr 2000 model, garage it drive it once a week and slowly, slowly make it one of the best around.

As far as super charging goes that would be something that i'd do in the future if i thought it could add to the car and keep it running fantastic.

And yes i have driven a C43 hence the reason i am now in love.

Last edited:
Mine was registered April 2000 without Tiptronic, the build must have been 1999 then.

you can do it, its not cheap tho, another option is a E55K engine\box\ecu\loom swap

Did read somewhere you dont need the 55 ecu etc just the engine as its the same basic lump ie the 113 and the bigger injectors will provide the extra fuel needed.

Sorry just read your post properly and saw the k after the 55 doh!

Lynall

Did read somewhere you dont need the 55 ecu etc just the engine as its the same basic lump ie the 113 and the bigger injectors will provide the extra fuel needed.

Sorry just read your post properly and saw the k after the 55 doh!

Lynall

Hi,
That is correct i have read many posts (american forums) where they have just fitted the E55 engine and use all the C43's electrics, ECU included, in fact the C43 and the E55 ECU's are the same pt. no.
In fact the dyno charts i have seen of a C43 with a E55 engine running the C43 ECU, they actually produce more torque than a E55.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom