C55 AMG Alternator replacement

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

unit504

Car
A **** heap
Well next up as the Alternator visit workshop has come up.. looks like this will be changed asap -

Got me wondering tho.. i seem to spend more on replacement parts on this AMG then i ever did on my old 1998 CLK230 -

Is this a common thing or just unfortunate..?

C55 on 40k miles so far..

SRS Passanger Seat Sensor
Front Pads (wear and tear)
Spark Plugs
Valve breather gasket (both sides)
MAF
Accelerator Module
Alternator

think thats about it... apart from the normal wear and tear items..

Not really had much go wrong with mine when I had it apart from Accelerator Module which I had to replace, wasn't expensive.

Bought it on 26K miles, sold it on almost 50K miles.

Did cost me allot on Mods though ;)

W203 usual quality...

In all honesty, your list doesn't look bad to me.

what was the symptoms to lead you to the Acc module to be replaced..?
mods yeah yours was pretty awesome fella :)

Not really had much go wrong with mine when I had it apart from Accelerator Module which I had to replace, wasn't expensive.

Bought it on 26K miles, sold it on almost 50K miles.

Did cost me allot on Mods though ;)

no... there can be much more apart the usual - CPS etc....

W203 usual quality...

In all honesty, your list doesn't look bad to me.

what was the symptoms to lead you to the Acc module to be replaced..?
mods yeah yours was pretty awesome fella :)

There wasn't any as far as I was aware, when the car went in to the dealer for a B service, they said your acc module is faulty, so I asked them to replace it.

There was a slight delay when you floored the car which did improve after they replaced the acc module.

thats cool they see it while in the workshop -

There wasn't any as far as I was aware, when the car went in to the dealer for a B service, they said your acc module is faulty, so I asked them to replace it.

There was a slight delay when you floored the car which did improve after they replaced the acc module.

yeah, only low speed pulling away from light etc.. it would stutter and surge forward which added unto new MAF and Acc module -

What about yours mate? Did you get any symptom?

I've only had a HID ballast go on mine and the crank positioning sensor, and the irritating clicking behind the dash all fixed for less then £150 in parts.

Other then that usual service items for me I can't get over how cheap they are to maintain and reliable compared to other performance cars. My mate with a similar age M3 has shelled out thousands and just bit hit with a monster bill for the common cracked rear subframe

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom