C55 AMG estate incoming

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
IMG_2374-w500.jpg
Can you ever have too much protection?

PCS recommended just washing it off after winter; I did ask them to waxoyl if it needed it. Anyway after the other bits I’m quite relieved to limit the expenditure a bit...

I thought the C55 had a longer nose (based on the CLK), which would fit in with the comments about the front wings and bonnet being different.
Correct the front end is different on the ‘55.

Tim,
which part of wilts are you in? I'm just south of swindon and also have a silver c55 estate if you need to compare anything.
David

Tim,
which part of wilts are you in? I'm just south of swindon and also have a silver c55 estate if you need to compare anything.
David

Thanks David, very kind. I’m based just outside Corsham. Often near Ramsbury/Hungerford part of the week though.

I don`t believe the C55 is anything special unless you call the less powered V8 special?

I have all the same external fitments on my V6 sport together with sport leather seats on the inside ....ok i suppose mine is rare also but there are some C220 models knocking around with the complete same spec.

For comparison as standard the C320cdi v6 has the same torque as the C55 v8 with the same acceleration on the move thanks to the 7g box instead of the 5g .....except i have a remap which does give the v6 diesel some really good extra torque compared with a petrol also returning 46mpg instead of say 20 for the petrol v8

Not again:wallbash:
Spoil another guys new car with your rehashed stories.

The OP wanted, and has got a nice C55, not a smelly rattly diseasle 320.
Just remind yourself the C55 is a far better car and will leave you for dead.

C320 0-60 6.7secs
C55 0-60 4.9secs.
Still waiting for dyno proof of your map increase from 2014 so until then it didn't happen.

OP, sorry for the thread distraction, but the above keeps doing this over the years and I can't let it slide.

Not again:wallbash:
Spoil another guys new car with your rehashed stories.

The OP wanted, and has got a nice C55, not a smelly rattly diseasle 320.
Just remind yourself the C55 is a far better car and will leave you for dead.

C320 0-60 6.7secs
C55 0-60 4.9secs.
Still waiting for dyno proof of your map increase from 2014 so until then it didn't happen.

OP, sorry for the thread distraction, but the above keeps doing this over the years and I can't let it slide.
Ah well. Lol. Live and let live.

I find his attitude a bit weird.

Fair enough he wants a diesel, but why does he feel the need to try to put others down???

I find his attitude a bit weird.

Fair enough he wants a diesel, but why does he feel the need to try to put others down???

Beats me Abs. Unless its the green eyed monster I have no idea. It ruins threads with the negativity of putting down V8 owners choice of car.
Anyway, I'm out of this one before Keith gets back:D

View attachment 81158 View attachment 81159 View attachment 81155

I don`t believe the C55 is anything special unless you call the less powered V8 special?

I have all the same external fitments on my V6 sport together with sport leather seats on the inside ....ok i suppose mine is rare also but there are some C220 models knocking around with the complete same spec.

For comparison as standard the C320cdi v6 has the same torque as the C55 v8 with the same acceleration on the move thanks to the 7g box instead of the 5g .....except i have a remap which does give the v6 diesel some really good extra torque compared with a petrol also returning 46mpg instead of say 20 for the petrol v8

You can see the size of the inset for the rear plate.
Nice car but saying its better than a C55 is wrong in all area's except fuel economy. For people buying an AMG fuel economy is low down on their priorities.

I bet you think that putting a diesel engine into a Porsche was a stroke of genius.:rolleyes:

the way i see it is if a c55 isn't special then what is a c220 in comparison......a rattly old 4 cylinder, maybe someones cup of tea but not someone else, each to there own and all that, you buy a v8 for the noise, power etc if your worries about fuel economy then a v8 certainly isn't for you.

A proper Waxoyl coating would probably be at least 10kg. Manufacturers shout about losing that sort of weight.

Keith, I bet you're a right good laugh at a dinner party.

Stonking cars these, so under the radar it's untrue. I nearly bought one a couple of years ago, just bad timing. Minimal salt in Japan is a massive plus for cars like this - I would also recommend extra rust proofing if you're thinking of keeping it. Diesel comparison must be an April fool's joke come early. Enjoy!

Think the Alcantara ‘knob is a later addition. Someone has certainly cherished the car, it’s immaculate. A bit loud mind (much louder on cold start than my e39 M5) thanks to the custom exhaust, but I won’t know if it’s too droney until I can drive it. Get a shift on please DVLA!

Lovely car Tim !

All that import hassle / conversion is part of the fun I'd say and you'll learn a whole lot about your new car along the way.

Good Luck !

Can we have some more pics Tim? :)

Can we have some more pics Tim? :)
Sure. As soon as it stops tipping it down I’ll throw a bucket and sponge at the old girl and give her a good rub down, then I’ll get a few pics. Came over a bit Swiss Toni then:D

View attachment 81158 View attachment 81159 View attachment 81155

You can see the size of the inset for the rear plate.

I think it’s funny how Keith’s diesel estate car that’s faster than an AMG blah blah blah has only done 14k miles over the last four years, less than 2.5k miles last year in fact?

Must be good only getting greasy hands once every 3 months filling up though..! :)

And a bit less soot on the roads and all that :D

Why would you buy a diesel car berating V8 owners and boasting about the fuel economy and all that when you drive 2500 miles in a year is beyond me.

Sounds like it’s you that’s made the wrong fuels choice Keith not the OP ;) :thumb:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom