C55 AMG estate incoming

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
If you have the aux-in socket in the glovebox then you could fit one of the very cheap Bluetooth receivers that have a headphone jack on them and play what you want (for e.g. Internet radio) off your telephone?

Are these bluetooth receivers generally better quality than plugging in via the 3.5mm aux-in directly?

I ask as I was disappointed by how loud you need to turn up the aux-in with my phone (and other sources)

Appreciate the recommendation on Infinity Exhausts - I saw them yesterday and they fitted a centre silencer, which has made a big difference. Much more driveable now without getting a headache every time I put my foot down. Still has a nice V8 growl when I’m in the mood for it though..
Excellent news, glad that worked out. David

Are these bluetooth receivers generally better quality than plugging in via the 3.5mm aux-in directly?

I ask as I was disappointed by how loud you need to turn up the aux-in with my phone (and other sources)
Most people find that turning up the source volume to 100% (ie on your phone) is sufficient to get the volume to an acceptable level, and then control through the volume knob on the head unit.

A boost amplifier is available for the OEM integration kit, although I seem to remember there might have been something similar available for the aux in too.

Mercedes iPod line amplifier

Whether you connect phone to car using a cable or not (Bluetooth) you’ll have the same challenge, and the same solution, ie turn up the source volume to 100% or look into a boost amplifier.

If you fancy the Bluetooth option I can recommend the Anker SoundSync, Cost varies by day/week on Amazon, I paid £10 I think, but it may be early teens if you buy “high”.

Last edited:
Well, it's not so much the volume itself - I can always get it to an acceptable level. It's just the degree to which I need to crank up the Aux.

Maybe I am using a better quality (shielded?) cable but I do hear some "noise" at full volume if no music is playing on the input device.

Most people find that turning up the source volume to 100% (ie on your phone) is sufficient to get the volume to an acceptable level, and then control through the volume knob on the head unit.

Yeah this is exactly what I do! More than adequate for me :)

Another thanks for a recommendation on this thread. Picked up a Bluetooth receiver from amazon. Just plugged it in to the aux socket in glovebox and sound quality through phone on Spotify is not at all bad (once the phone volume is turned right up).

Very cool, congrats on the car. Ive not been on the forum for ages, but read the whole thread. Fair play for importing 1 that takes some balls lol.

I had 2 C55's myself, and 320 diesels weren't a match in my ownership. lol

Has anyone fitted one of these? Dynavin N6-MBC for Mercedes-Benz C-Class (2004-2007, W203) C-Class

Meant to be a straight swap for the stock system, I wonder if this would be a (relatively) affordable way of replacing the Japanese COMAND system whilst keeping all the integration? If, of course, it's any good!
This is what I've got my eye on, not sure whether anyone will have fitted one to a Japanese version of an already rare car though. Might be a bit of a gamble.

In the meantime, does anyone with a C55 wagon have any pics of their rear end they can share on here? (quiet at the back please...). I'm having the tailpipes modified so they stick out less and want to know what OEM looks like - I think they're staggered slightly, as most quad tips are, with the inner tips slightly proud of the outer tips on each side, but would be helpful to see some shots before I head back to Infinity Exhausts at the weekend and ask them to start chopping it about.. TIA

This is what I've got my eye on, not sure whether anyone will have fitted one to a Japanese version of an already rare car though. Might be a bit of a gamble.

In the meantime, does anyone with a C55 wagon have any pics of their rear end they can share on here? (quiet at the back please...). I'm having the tailpipes modified so they stick out less and want to know what OEM looks like - I think they're staggered slightly, as most quad tips are, with the inner tips slightly proud of the outer tips on each side, but would be helpful to see some shots before I head back to Infinity Exhausts at the weekend and ask them to start chopping it about.. TIA

I have a C55 W203 Wagon with the cats and resonator scooped out. So it appears like stock to the eye.

What you must remember is that the pipes expand at different lengths per side. And that is a noticeable difference. In the pic below you see the drivers side has expanded out further than the passenger side. Trying to level this out will lead to violence. It is a two/three man job with the car on a ramp and a large dose of patience.

532d755de9fb93750e5e4715458ec509.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The plan with mine is to chop the branch holding the tailpipes after the rear boxes and swap passenger side to driver's side, as mine are staggered in the wrong direction (i.e. outer tips longer than inners). There will inevitably be some jiggery pokery required once they are cut down to size, but that's hopefully the job of the exhaust guys. Thanks for posting the pic.

I had the tailpipe modified on my SL's AMG back box as it exited rather low and at an upward angle (designed to clear the rear skirt of a bodykit, which my car doesn't have). I got a body shop to do it as it involved removing & re-fitting the bumper ... they even made me a pair of glasses from one of the sections they removed :D

pic1.jpg post 1.jpg post 2.jpg

Interesting. I don’t wear specs, but maybe I can get the fabricators to make me a coffee mug out of the offcuts.

Pretty much sorted now, although can’t post pics due to the infuriating upload function on here. It isn’t perfect but almost there; Infinity Exhausts are worth a visit if you need some exhaust work in the South West/Bristol/Bath/Wiltshire area.

IMG_0652.jpg IMG_0649.jpg IMG_0647.jpg IMG_0646.jpg

The before and after is the wrong way round but you get the idea. There’s a bit of Japanese trend for silly pokey outey exhausts, so it was high up the list of must do jobs to get it back to OEM or as close as poss.

Last edited:
Quoted £225 inc VAT for a transmission service (oil and filter) by Avantgarde Automotive in Clevedon. Anyone know the mileage at which the ‘box service is due? My service book is in Japanese so I can’t work it out(!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom