C55 AMG - GTG Sunday 3rd June, MB World Brooklands

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

just240

Car
C55 AMG
Hi all,

Myself & a few other C55 AMG owners have decided to organise a very informal GTG this Sunday (3rd June) at MB World - Brooklands in Surrey.

In total only 147 C55 AMG cars where ever sold/registered here in the UK from new. With currently only 136 (left on the road) C55's registered in the UK this year (source: howmanyleft.com) they are a rare sight indeed. The MB Club forum does have quite a few active owners so some of us have decided to meet up & chat/discuss/compare cars this weekend.

Any other Mercedes drivers/owners are very welcome to join us as are any "other" drivers who may like to meet some owners.

We are planning on meeting at 12pm - 3.30pm-ish at MB World Brooklands in Surrey. The actual parking-up (meeting) place will be the MB World car park area which is the largest parking section.

Mercedes-Benz UK - About us - Getting Here - Directions

There are no special arrangements or events happening at MB World on the day however, there will be an AMG stunt-drivers show/procession on the Brooklands test track for everyone to view at 1pm + the MB World centre, MB Brooklands Museum, shop, & Mercedes - AMG showrooms are open to the public all day.

Here are the attendants so far;

Just240 - C55
BenzedUp - C55
Coggers - C55
Charles Morgan - C55
ddavidm - C55

If you are thinking of coming along please let us know by adding your name & car details to this list so we can spot anyone who turns up.

Many thanks

Working again !! When we have our Brooklands GTG's we turn left and go to the far end, there usually is parking at that end. Sorry i can't make it. I did want to see your C55 Charles. Next time.

Looking forward to it!

Get some pictures if you get a chance please

Shame, but hope to see you at another gathering in the future.

I'm still really hoping to make this. The problem being the same problem that always exists.....the Mrs.

I'm trying to persuade her to come along. Is there anything at MBWorld that she might like? Ponies, flowers, pillows, other things girls like?

Tell her your thinking of buying her a nice Merc convertible for the summer but your not sure which one... that should do it. :D

I tried offering her the A-class, but she didn't want a Smart car with a merc badge slapped on it!

I'm still really hoping to make this. The problem being the same problem that always exists.....the Mrs.

I'm trying to persuade her to come along. Is there anything at MBWorld that she might like? Ponies, flowers, pillows, other things girls like?

Book her a 4x4 session in an ML, she will love it, even if she doesn't look forward to it beforehand.

A shop?

Hah, Hah, there is plenty there to see - although it's fair to say everything is automotive by design; here is what they say on the website;

Attractions at Mercedes-Benz World
Driving is our first passion, but it's not all we have to offer. Whether you’re planning a family day out or a solo visit, there’s something for everyone at Mercedes-Benz World. Visitor attractions include exhibitions and displays that give you an amazing insight into the heritage, innovation and engineering behind Mercedes-Benz.

If you’re feeling adventurous, our hands-on Driving Experiences – for adults and kids – as well as Hot Laps, Passenger Rides and precision driving displays by the Silver Arrows Display Team.

To help you get the most out of your visit to Mercedes-Benz World, we offer free Guided Tours every Saturday and Sunday at 11.30am and 2.00pm*.

To find out more about our attractions or to talk through our Driving Experience options please call 0870 400 4000.

maybe she'd like a "hot lap" in a brand new SLS AMG Mercedes (roadster of course - goes without saying)..??

Hmmm ... sounds good! Not sure I'll be able to persuade herself to make the trip on a rainy day, not least as I think she's trying to get us all to go to a Jubilee party (in the rain .. boo!).

Have been there before, so know the kids like seeing the cars fly around and love the showroom .. only been on a very busy day with F1 cars flying around and loads of catering, etc. so dunno how much there's to do on a quiet day!

Any chance they'd let us all do a few laps in our own cars?? ;o)

I really hope it's not going to rain on Sunday:(

No chance of driving on their test circuit.

Last edited:
As I'm coming from furthest away I think, just wanted to check we're still on, rain notwithstanding.

Looking forward to it, shall bring the brolly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom