C55 amg vs e46 m3??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BenzedUP

MB Enthusiast
Car
NA
What's quicker a C55 AMG or an E46 M3 SMG?

both my friends are aruging and I just want to end it:doh:

I'm not sure but I think a C55 will out run an m3 as it has the same engine as an slk55 and i can easily out run an m3 in the slk, i've done it so many times, now i'm bored...but the c55 is heavier than an m3

What's quicker a C55 AMG or an E46 M3 SMG?

both my friends are aruging and I just want to end it:doh:

I'm not sure but I think a C55 will out run an m3 as it has the same engine as an slk55 and i can easily out run an m3 in the slk, i've done it so many times, now i'm bored...but the c55 is heavier than an m3

I think the C55 has more power than the M3 though.

I know a C55 will accelerate hard up to its limited top speed and I also know it will outrun one those corvette things.

C55 all the way.

For a Start it's an auto so the gear changes will be better.

In a straight line the C55 would win but on a track I would put my money on the M3...

I've eaten many M3's even with my hairdressers car!!!

E46 M3's are so quick i would of thought it would be very tight

According to parkers they do 0-60 in 5.2 and clk55 amg cab 5.4secs unless yours is tuned up...:rock:

C55 has bucket loads more torque too.

The M3 might have it off the line for a few metres , but once the speed builds the C55 would be all over it.

M3 has 365 nm ( even my old 430 has more than that ) while the 55 has 510 nm.

LOL, at the torque thought they had more than that... thats the same as a 320 or does a 320 engine has more?, lol.

how do they manage to do 0-60 in 5.2 with that amount of torque lol?

they do rev to 8k though and can do 170ish mph :O

Plus most M3's are driven by children!!

it's a shame as they are v good cars, i've driven my friends m3 a few times and he fits the children bracket, lol hes 22.

I get scared buying one as I hear the engine going wrong and the smg going wrong and all sorts of things, before I bought my slk I did consider a late e46 m3 cs:ban:

no dis-respect Josef... Hats off to the guy who at 22 drives a hot BMW.. just saying that experienced driving and handling of any car outweighs allot.....

it's a shame as they are v good cars, i've driven my friends m3 a few times and he fits the children bracket, lol hes 22.

I get scared buying one as I hear the engine going wrong and the smg going wrong and all sorts of things, before I bought my slk I did consider a late e46 m3 cs:ban:

Yes, I know a couple of guys who have mentioned gearbox issues. :doh:

:thumb:

Auto vs SMG ..... I'm not so sure about that. Perhaps you mean auto vs manual?

No mate I mean SMG, he has a e46 M3 with SMG2 flapy padles gear box

the AMG auto is just as quick I think, well I don't really see any difference.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom