C55 amg

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

zenman63

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
2016 L450 Range Rover 4.4 AB, 2015 GTs 2017 Range rover evoque
Hi, I am just looking at a C55 AMG, its a face lift car at 90K
Is there anything I should look out for, its seems well spec but I think they all are with xenons and comand etc.

Look for leaking rocker covers, make sure the xenons move down then up when they are first turned on, check for bouncing locks and that the drivers side heated seat warms up back and bottom. Most came with all the toys, think extras were the voice control and phone etc. Apart from the usual suspects when buying a used car that covers the list of things I know of.

You got any pics of it?

Cheers scott

Though Walts is quite correct regarding the rocker covers, it is the small breather covers on top of the rocker covers that are common to leak, not a difficult to do and wouldn't be a deal breaker rather a lever to chip them on the price.
As far as I am aware they didn't all have command though most did, with command you could possibly fit Linguitronic too. Rarer options are Harmon Kardon Stereo Upgrade, TV Tuner, Distronic (Radar cruise control) etc.

I seem to recall Charles Morgan having a brief fling with a C55.
I'm pretty sure he enjoyed the car and it visited a track in the hands of a professional driver who was impressed. ;)

Thanks guys I am going in the new year to look.
Did they all have the twin spoke alloys? is car does not, its has what look like the 171 amg 18"
It does have sunroof and rear blind and phone so is well up there with the spec.
It just needs some tlc.

Though Walts is quite correct regarding the rocker covers, it is the small breather covers on top of the rocker covers that are common to leak, not a difficult to do and wouldn't be a deal breaker rather a lever to chip them on the price.
As far as I am aware they didn't all have command though most did, with command you could possibly fit Linguitronic too. Rarer options are Harmon Kardon Stereo Upgrade, TV Tuner, Distronic (Radar cruise control) etc.

HK was standard on the C55 as was CD changer. All C55's are facelifted as they were model year 2005 onwards. TV wasnt an option from factory nor was distronic sadly.

Rarest options are rear blind, fire extinguisher and rear air bags.
Nice to have options are Comand, climate, linguatronic and parktronic.

Cracking good cars and excellent value for money these days.

zenman63 said:
Thanks guys I am going in the new year to look. Did they all have the twin spoke alloys? is car does not, its has what look like the 171 amg 18" It does have sunroof and rear blind and phone so is well up there with the spec. It just needs some tlc.

Is it in black.? Yeah think they only came with twin spokes tho some people would have swapped them for others.

Just looking at the data card and it has side airbags in rear, parktronic and tyre pressure monitor and auto climate control and through loader.

Is it in black.? Yeah think they only came with twin spokes tho some people would have swapped them for others.

No its not black.
The data card on epc shows both wheels could have been fitted but the twin spoke is no longer avalable.

Cool, sounds like a high spec one.

Check for clicking behind dash when initially turning the ignition on you will know if it does it or not its pretty loud. Essentially its a failure in a stepper motor or linkage for vents. Mine involved a complete dash removal to sort out.

Other then that only other fault I have had is the ballast went in one of the Xenons cheap and simple to fix.

As said great cars love mine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom