C55 amg

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Grovsie31

Car
2009 335i DCT
Hi everyone, my first post.

Ive been to check a C55 out today, very much like what I see, im going back Thursday for a test drive, was just wondering if there are any major things to look out for? Engine wise, suspension wise, etc, etc.

Im surprised at how small the tyres are for these cars, hehe. Running costs, from what ive read don't seem to bad either.

Heated seats rarely seem to work properly.

Suspension wise, check wear and tear. Though it's not expensive like the air suspension on some cars.

Engine, check whether it needs the spark plugs changed. Again it's not expensive (£250-300) but may help with bartering. Rocker covers can also leak a bit of oil. Less than £200 I believe.

Compared to similar cars running costs seem pretty good. Factor in £100 a month and that should cover you for a service (£200-300), tyres (£500) and then some wear and tear parts each year. For around £10k, seem pretty hard to beat for character and practicality.

Thanks, well I went and put a deposit down on a 2004 with 95k miles. Totally standard and full service history, looks a good un. Gotta wait a week or so for it, as its having all 4 wheels refurbed and 2 new tyres.

The heated seats didn't seem to work that well, the back definatly came on, the bottom bit, didn't seem to. Are they fixable?

Im already looking at exhaust mods... hahaha

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom