C55 - Anyone in Bristol!?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I really like that colour, unless Im losing it, it looks like a met grey never seen one in that colour. If I was still looking for one Id be down there like a shot having a look.

Great cars, I dont do that many miles a year in mine, about 800 per month, the V8 noise beats the C32 hands down, there are a few other nice extras like Paddle shift gearbox.

Movi-Star said:
I really like that colour, unless Im losing it, it looks like a met grey never seen one in that colour. If I was still looking for one Id be down there like a shot having a look.

I totally agree, looks lovely.

Only a couple of miles from me, hhmmm!

Great cars, I dont do that many miles a year in mine, about 800 per month, the V8 noise beats the C32 hands down, there are a few other nice extras like Paddle shift gearbox.

Me too .. blue was my favourite C32 colour .. didn't see too many tho! This is pretty smart looking. Wife doesn't like the fact that it has no parktronic :(

Like a 5 year old C55.....;)

This one is 6-7 years old..:D

For me, it's about what I can afford. The Dec 03 C32 was affordable, but needed maybe £1000 spent on it this year between tax and servicing. This C55 is 9k miles till an A service and taxed + MOT till next Feb. Warranty is offered, but separate cost.

So for £9.5k this year on a C32 vs. maybe £10k then the C55 is certainly atttractive. He can play mind games all he likes - I don't have £11k to give him! :bannana:

If he is a dealer - he has to warranty the car for I believe 3 months. If he is just selling cars on the side from his home and it goes wrong - would there be any comeback? If not I wonder how the IR would view him?

OK, did a full insurance Confused.com quote for each as previous example was with my current insurance (and they obviously don't like AMGs!).
C32 - £800.75
C55 - £973.16

I'd expect to knock them down about another £50-75 by calling direct.

I do have an annoying SP30 from 2009 (so "only" another 3 years of declaring that!), so I suspect about £100-200 extra thanks to Mr ****half-in-a-bush-in-Wales! Not that I'm bitter ...

Does this image of the centre console reveal anything interesting about the spec level in any way!? :dk:

Last edited:
Oh ... and one more thing ..! ;)

What doess a mercedes factory phone mean in reality? Sounds pointless ..

Yeah, it has Digital Climate (which is a £1500 optional extra) and that is very good, it doesn't have parktronic, electric rear blind (not important) or trim panel upgrade (maple etc) it has the standard brushed metal look.
Another optional extra is rear side airbags.

Does this image of the centre console reveal anything interesting about the spec level in any way!? :dk:

If you can get the VIN from the seller, someone on here will give you thefull datacard of the car.

Oh ... and one more thing ..! ;)

What doess a mercedes factory phone mean in reality? Sounds pointless ..

That means it has a UHI pre wired system. You supply the appropriate cradle. I have it and it's great.
I sent guy an email regarding warranties. He says he is a dealer and gives a basic 3 months warranty but you can upgrade it up to 24 months via auto protect.

Hope this helps

That means it has a UHI pre wired system. You supply the appropriate cradle. I have it and it's great.
I sent guy an email regarding warranties. He says he is a dealer and gives a basic 3 months warranty but you can upgrade it up to 24 months via auto protect.

Hope this helps

Sounds interesting .. does that mean you have to get the cradle from MB for some silly price or is it a standard sort of thing?

Cheers for the warranty info. Gonna call him later - need to check the history with MB first.

Sounds interesting .. does that mean you have to get the cradle from MB for some silly price or is it a standard sort of thing?

Cheers for the warranty info. Gonna call him later - need to check the history with MB first.
Phone cradles are cheap on e-bay. Paid £5 for one for my ancient Nokia 6230. Bluetooth module cost me £80 on e-bay and it works brilliantly with various phones that the family use.

I had a drive past this car earlier this morning. The way the car was parked I could only see the drivers side but I have to say it did look rather nice.

From sitting in my car a few feet away I couldn't see any dings etc down the side of the car.

A couple of small marks on the alloys but really nothing at all to worry about.

In the flesh the colour looks to have a slight gold tinge to it, not in a bad way though, just different to the normal MB silver.

If your in the market for one these subject to having a chat with the dealer I'd be having a look.

An "n-stock control unit £715" was replaced on it a few months back .. any ideas what that is!?

"N/Stock control unit" is apparently how it appears after a bit of Googling. Sounds like it might be something that controls the car's "user" electronics at a guess? Not getting much in the way of decent search results!

Is there an invoice supporting this? If so then there should be a part number.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom