C55 - Anyone in Bristol!?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
There is, but I've not been to see the car yet. The only mention I could find of it was on some other MB forum where someone was complaining of £6k of work being done as a result of a FUBAR'd battery boiling and screwing all their electrics!

Well .. some news at last .. I bought it! Deposit down till I sell my ST220 or PX it in a couple of weeks for a bit of a hit. It's been a long few months, but AMG ownership will start soon at last! :)

That's brilliant news!

I'm really glad you went for the C55, it'll be worth it pal.

Thanks - and thank you and others for so much help and advice since I started looking! SWMBO took some mild persuasion and is scared of driving it in the wet, but I've played the "C mode" story well ;)

Thanks - and thank you and others for so much help and advice since I started looking! SWMBO took some mild persuasion and is scared of driving it in the wet, but I've played the "C mode" story well ;)

No bother at all, it's feels better when the honest advice I've given is listened to and guides you to the best deal for you. :thumb:

Have you test driven the one you are buying?

Have you test driven the one you are buying?

Oh yes .. about 30-40 mins. Beautifully smooth when driven that way, raw when not. No funny shakes/rattles/pulls/noises of concern. On country roads, so hard to tell with big low profile tyres when the surface is all over the place, but the tracking may be a tiny bit to the left - no uneven wear on tyres though, so may just be the camber.

Startup from cold had a bit of a whine for about 15-20 seconds, but not a painful sounding one. Nothing when started hot. Suspension felt better than C32 on the twisties and the steering much more direct. Had a play with all the gear modes and the "paddles" (wish they were .. buttons seem funny!) - love the way you can use the torque without kickdown in manual mode if you want to.

Some very minor stone chips and little scuffs on the alloys - will look into refurbs when the tyres are due (about 1/2 tread on the front and 2/3 left on the rears .. P Zeros all round). Should polish up nicely .. and be a damn sight easier to keep clean than black!

The colour btw is "Cubanite Silver"!

That's great, glad you went for the C55 at the end, you will love it :D

Don't worry about the whine when cold, all C55's do that for about 15-20secs.

Enjoy and make sure you post some images when you get it:thumb:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom