C55 at Oulton Park

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Grovsie31

Car
2009 335i DCT
Hey guys, had an awesome day at Oulton Park today. Went on a MSV novice track day, and it was really really good. There weren't many cars out on track, and it was a lot of fun. I was put on the sessions with the more exotic stuff, I had a brand new V10 R8 with me, and Nissan GT-R, a McLaren 650, 2x GT3 RS Ferrari 355, hehehe.

The car was a monster and far more capable than I though it would be.

I had tutition on the 2nd 20min stint, and it really helped a lot. Was braking later, and driving a lot smoother and therefore faster. Kept a 355 Ferrari behind me in the bends, and left it on the straights lol. Z4's, boxsters new Subaru WRX all overtook hehe. There was sod all in it with the porker GT3 996 on the straights as well.

The track itself was pretty twisty, pretty daunting at first, but soon gained confidence.

has anyone else been in there own car?

My best MPG on track was 8.3 lol.
12983791_10154048348729178_6437803582075836970_o.jpg
13029719_10154048347059178_7975122778844304034_o.jpg
13062883_10154048340724178_8602128220316451263_o.jpg

Paul, you're the man, but I have to give it to the previous owner, his mods made the car the way it is! ;)

Seriously, car looks stunning mate, I miss it!

Glad it's in your hands though!

Your looks brilliant !!!

Really pleased you had a great day. Tuition makes all the difference, bizarrely it takes a brave man to admit you're not Lewis ;)

Sadly unlikely to get mine on track as up for sale due to business needs :thumb:

Glad you enjoyed it and that you benefited from the instruction. Oulton is a fantastic circuit that I have been fortunate to race on several times. I have also been round in the C36, will dig out a piccy when I get home.

Really pleased you had a great day. Tuition makes all the difference, bizarrely it takes a brave man to admit you're not Lewis ;)

Sadly unlikely to get mine on track as up for sale due to business needs :thumb:

Thanks, yeah it was great. Oh that's a shame about selling your car.

Found I was getting a little slower in the corners as the day went on and drifting wider, was losing a little grip.

Hi Paul great to see you enjoying yourself that's what it's all about owning an AMG
I'm sure the CLK go faster wheels make a difference :)

Hi Paul great to see you enjoying yourself that's what it's all about owning an AMG
I'm sure the CLK go faster wheels make a difference :)

Hey mike.

Well they allow the wheels to spin freely and not rub the calipers, so yeah, you're right they are faster! heheheh.

The brakes were superb, so impressed, just hauling me down from a touch over 100 time and time again, good stuff.

Great pics, I'd love to have a go on the track but put off by potential stone chips and other wear. My cars going to be a garage queen when done lol

Now you've got the taste for it... Go spa. I promise you it's the best thing/ track you can do.

Great pics, I'd love to have a go on the track but put off by potential stone chips and other wear. My cars going to be a garage queen when done lol

You're more likely to get stone chips from driving on our ****e roads, than you are on a track IMO.

Im looking at getting something a little lighter for a track car, im thinking a turbo MX5, as ive read there cheap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom