C55 Brake pad fitting kit

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

edc

Car
Boxster 550 Spyder Anniversary and C55 AMG sadly for sale
I've not taken the brakes apart yet but I'm assuming the ECP listed brake pad fitting kit is one per axle? Also are the old ones re-useable?

| Car PartsRetailer

Id just get em from merc mate, there really cheap.

New discs, pads, pins, shims and sensors is £360 all round.

That kit looks like for 1 axle yeah.

Is it one sensor per axle too?

I already have pads, discs and one pad wear sensor, it's just the shim/fitting pieces I need.

@Grovsie31 I don't suppose you have a part number for the pad fitting kit? I'm not having much joy with my local MB dealer!

Sorry about the delayed response for any general enquires about products please call 02034740500 or email [email protected]. We also provide a price match guarantee. I can provide a 25% discount code.

Hope this helps

Seyi

I've not taken the brakes apart yet but I'm assuming the ECP listed brake pad fitting kit is one per axle? Also are the old ones re-useable?

| Car PartsRetailer

Buy the genuine parts when it comes to an AMG and brake parts. They are very cheap and its not worth going aftermarket on stuff like this.

My local MB dealer tells me the front pad fitting kit is not available as a separate part? Ah well looks like aftermarket it is then!

What exactly do you need? They sold me the caliper pins and wear sensors as well as pads when I asked.

The front pad fitting kit, whatever that is. For my Boxster which uses different Brembos it's 4 pad shape shims with round dimples on. For the C55 fitment it looks like its a set of pins and some claw looking prongs :D

Just use whatever is in there.

Or you can buy the shims, dowel pins and sensors from MB.

I ended up fitting the Pagid pad fitting kit 1091083. Went together fine with the Brembo discs and pads.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom