C55 Estate Rear wash wipe

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

brucemillar

MB Enthusiast
Car
C55 AMG Wagon - W124 300te 4matic Wagon - BMW 4.8is X5 E53 - SWB Pajero 3.5 V6 24v
Folks

Do you know if the W203 uses a daul or separate washer pump for the rear screen?

I ask because by rear washer is not working.

If I remove the nozzle from the spigot and push the washer button a tiny amount of water attempts to drip out the end of the pipe.

The nozzle is not blocked or frozen.
The spigot is not blocked (I can get a wire down it for about 10")
There is no water leaking into the car from the tailgate, rear cubby or front passenger footwell.

So I am assuming that the lines are all connected. When I push the washer button, I can hear the pump running.

I have also tried blowing from the spigot with an air line?

the pump is integrated into that rear wash wipe mech IIRC.. Probably needs the covers removing to see whats going on...

Jay

That is what I thought. But the pump is running if the engine bay washer bottle when I push the rear wash button. It is trying to pump. It seems like the pipe is kinked. But I cannot find anything that is kinked where I can see it and I have had no work done that would cause it to kink.

Pretty certain my S203 (C270) when I pulled the front NS wheel arch liner to access the screenwash bottle and pump, there was only 1 pump, not 2. Problem I had a couple of times with the rear screen wash was popped connections due to freezing.
Getting the wheel arch liner out is not too bad providing you jack the front NS up and remove the wheel. You can then see the bottle, pump and first connection of the blue plastic pipe that carries the fluid.
First, there's a rubber grommet connection behind the battery where the blue plastic pipe has to get through the front bulkhead, near side.
Other side of the bulkhead, hidden up behind the glove box (and a swine to get at - you can see it, but to get hands on it you really need to remove the glove box) is the other side of the rubber grommet.
Rear offside cubby hole, trace the thin blue plastic pipe and you'll find another rubber grommet connector.
Last but not least, inside the tailgate where the pipe connects onto the wiper mechanism. Have to remove the tailgate trims and cover to get at this one, starting with the trims at the top of each side of the tailgate - these are sort of dovetailed in, so with the tailgate up they pull towards you to remove them (after removing the obvious screw fixings!).
Good luck - it's fun finding the scene of the crime!

Ok. I'll open the tailgate first. Thanks for the tips.

Sent from my iPhone using MBClub UK

I have to say that I have to go this too with my 203 estate. I think its the joint in the rear wing that is my culprit. I just can't find the will to do it in the rain!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom