C55 front ARB

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ddavidm

Car
Car
Some advice would be great.
I have an annoying, and increasingly noticeable noise from my front offside corner. Most noticeable when going over speedbumps etc. Sounds like a squeaky bed. My local indy reckons the front ARB is the culprit, but I can't quite get my head around this. How can a solid piece of metal squeak? He said one could try to lubricate the rubbers, but this might work and even if it does ther noise could come back again. He also said you can't get the rubbers alone, MB only sell the ARB and the rubbers as a unit. Correct? Or can they be sourced elsewhere?
Does the above sound correct? He said a new front ARB would be circa £200 ex vat for the part, plus fitting maybe 1.5-2 hrs.
And if this is correct and the ARB does need replacing what about an Eibach or H&R? Is that a worthwhile uppgrade? Not found anyone in the UK who stocks them.
Many thanks

Try spraying the bushes with WD40 or scilicon grease first. You should be able to do so without jacking the car up.

The front drop links can also squeak so it may be worth having a look at them. Failing that you really want to get the car up in the air so that you can have a good heave about. Suspension noises can be a nightmare due to noise traveling up through the components etc. But I do know that the ARB's are famously suspect as are the drop links.

Not sure if you can fir universal ARB's??

Are you sure its from the front?

The rear trunions often squeek and it sounds like its coming from the front.

MB do some assembly paste for rubber joints. I have some and use it when fitting rubber bushes.

I would try the pase first on the roll bar where the bush meets the bar.

Thanks. Will try the WD40 option first as it will cost me nothing.

And Olly....yes, it is the front lol....as you confirmed when you saw the car! The noise has got more intense since, and is driving me bonkers, so it needs sorting before I'll be able to get down to you again! p.s. will send my service book to you soon to get stamped up ;-)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom