C55 front fog mesh surrounds

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

brucemillar

MB Enthusiast
Car
C55 AMG Wagon - W124 300te 4matic Wagon - BMW 4.8is X5 E53 - SWB Pajero 3.5 V6 24v
Folks

Mrs M was hit by a mobile multi-storey car park kerb whilst parking the C55 front end onto kerb.

Both front fog light mesh trims popped out. the NS one got flattened when it fell out on the drive home and OS one is still relatively intact.

Q. Looking on ebay, I will have to re-mortgage to replace these. Does anybody know where I can get some new mesh that looks correct. I can then re-fit to the frames.

Ive got some aluminium mesh that will do it , you'll need to prime and paint it though as it is bare ally.

Let me get Christmas out of the way , then PM me what size you want the pieces and I'll cut you some off. From memory , it is about 18 inches wide and I have about 4 feet of it.

I did all the mesh work on the brabus bumper on our a class with it.

Failing that , depending what one you need , Nick has one ;) not sure if it is a 32 or 55 one though , you'd need to ask.

http://cart.euromercmercedesparts.co.uk/index.php?p=product&id=9679&parent=46

Last edited:
I had a pheasant leave a pheasant size and shaped dent in my centre one by dint of gentle persuasion with a hammer, I got it back to shape.

Charles. Most kind. I have one that just needs some fettling and the N/S one met it's maker under a Ford Transit. I have it but it is absolutely flattened. I could sort out the frame and make up some mesh.

Did my post not display on your PC Bruce ? :D

Charles. Most kind. I have one that just needs some fettling and the N/S one met it's maker under a Ford Transit. I have it but it is absolutely flattened. I could sort out the frame and make up some mesh.

I think you mean Howard, Bruce!

Howard,Charles. My apologies. Multi tasking here.

Howard this sounds ideal. Thank you for the kind offer. Let me know when and how much £ please.

Have a great Christmas.

Sent from my iPhone using MBClub UK

No cost , I've got loads of it , just let me know the size you want.

Ill sandwich it in some cardboard and pop it in the post.

PM me the sizes and your address and ill do it in the next week ?

H

I love forums for this sort of thing. :).

How refreshing after reading all the 'jolly banter' on other threads. :doh:

I love forums for this sort of thing. :).

How refreshing after reading all the 'jolly banter' on other threads. :doh:

Yes it is refreshing. So in keeping with this spirit. I am on the look out for some high class prostitutes, fine wine and ciggies. Can anybody help please?

The day may come when you want to be rid of the 55 estate Bruce ;)

A big thank you to Howard is due here. He packaged up and posted me two pieces of mesh that will do the job.

Thank you Howard.

Sent from my iPhone using MBClub UK

I have some old tights that a local lady left here you can stretch to make mesh..... it may have the odd lump or 2...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom