C55 to CLS55 "cross"grade ..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
And ...after my bank stopping the payment and a few lengthy calls she's now mine :)

Have done 22 miles in it mostly town ...it feels good!

And????????

Got mine back today after being without it for two weeks, it now looks absolutely stunning. After 2 weeks in an E63 bi-turbo which I was just starting to enjoy, I am glad to be back in the CLS. Really don't know whether to keep it or sell.......

Lovely color that and congrats Lenny63!

Thanks mate - priorities are a service, valve cover leak repair and Nav antenna

Yeah same, congrats on purchase Lenny.

Thanks Grovsie

I have not done a lot of miles yet - It's a big car and still trying to get used to it

I've now confirmed my SBC pump is factory original ticking time bomb)
I also am going to do the IC pump for peace of mind
I have a small chirp on cold start - today I pulled off the s/c belt (It's so easy a child could do it) and my chirp still remained - Belt dressing on the belt made everything silent so when it goes in i'll have both belts done - I hope to god it~s not that twin idler pulley as cost is eye watering

Does it really feel that much bigger than the C?

Hehehehe Id had the idea of a E63, or E55 or CLS, in the future but I don't really have the need for the extra room they have, and I think id miss the handling of my lowly C, so maybe not for me. Would have to be a C63.

Whats it like the corners? Hows the power delivery differ?

It handles very well

My car has had recent front arms and lower/upper ball joints so is good in that respect

The Airmatic does its job well - you can really feel
The difference in corners in sports mode 1&2

It's like anything -
You'll get used to
The size

Power delivery is hard to compare to the stock 55 because I've never driven one

Put it this way - it's a licence loser - it gathers speed with ease , and when you plant it its very hungry to please

I like the eagerness to "go" at low rev's due to the s/c

soon when I get it properly cleaned

a few niggles but the car is 11 - and some of which are in the eyes on the new owner (me)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom