C55 Wagon W202??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Just a 4.3 with a different cover I’d say. No mention of an engine swap, but it does look like the cover you’d find on some of the other early M113 5.4s (maybe S/CL or ML?)

Perhaps the original was broken? Because if you were swapping in a 5.4 you’d normally use the original cover anyway?

Reactions: Abb
Just a cover, lets face it most have the badges on the original ones are missing or broken.
even with the covers off you wouldn't tell the difference between a 4.3 or a 5.4, unless like mine the 5.4 still had the vacuum actuators for the air pump on the front of the engine, which the C43 never had. I left mine on otherwise I would of had to blank the holes off.

Reactions: Abb
Rather a lot of silicone spray has been used on the interior, which always puts me off; it's a favourite of dodgy small-time dealers. I don't personally like the finish of the wheels, but that's just me, and the rest looks fine.

It probably has about 145k miles on it, and the recent MoT history is bad, but the only real problem was corroded sills, and they're sorted now. I don't know anything about the W202, but wonder how likely it is that there is plenty more rust in non-MoT tested areas?

Last edited:
Nice C55 but I like that red thing in the garage more.

Looks OK..ish. is it my eyes or is the engine leaning to the drivers side a little ?

I think the cover is not pushed all the way down on the front passenger side... maybe it doesnt fit perfectly...

Lovely Integrale. Only an 8v though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom