C55amg

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ddavidm

Car
Car
I have decided to sell my C55.

An 05 model, in silver, with black leather.

Condition is near immaculate. I'll let the photos do most of the talking. Suffice it to say that when searching for a C55 I looked at 3 before buying this one, and the condition has only improved since then with a number of upgrades and my almost **** need to have a spotless car.

Mileage is 73k (and used daily, so increasing)

Car is about to be MOT'd, so will come with 12 months.

Taxed until end of November 2013 (cheaper road tax as pre 06 model)

Full service history, 5 Mercedes stamps, and since my ownership, serviced by Olly at PCS.

Tyres are OEM fitment Pirelli Pzero Rosso (MO) 255/35/18 & 225/40/18

I will include a second set of fully refurbished genuine AMG alloys which wear winter tyres. Due to the mild winter last year, these never even made it onto the car, although I will put them on shortly as I'll be replacing the rear Pzeros which are getting low, and will take the opportunity to have the "summer" alloys fully refurbished as well before sale.

The car benefits from secondary cat delete with custom made Y pipe from PCS. This really allows the glorious V8 to breathe. The standard car is too muted for my taste. It now sounds like a V8 ought to, yet is not at all intrusive when cruising.

I also installed top quality (Rosen) rear screens which turn this super-saloon into an ideal family conveyance. Each has it's own DVD player, and includes inbuilt games as well as wireless headphones, wireless games controllers, and remote control. One of the screens has intermittent lines on DVD playback, and most likely a loose connection which I've not bothered investigating as it's not bad enough to cause the kids to complain. I mention it for completeness.

I will include a spare steering wheel. I sourced this to enable me to have one re-wrapped. It was sent to a steering wheel magician in Germany, and the results speak for themselves. No more shiny wheel - now recovered in a combination of carbon leather, and perforated leather to match the seats.

Jerry from Eurocharged in the States has undertaken a full ECU / TCU tune.

The interior trim has been tastefully wrapped in quality 3M carbon fibre weave, although should that not be to your taste, it is easily removed.

The car has full command / sat nav as well as telephone bluetooth. I have used both iphone 4 and 5 with full access to steering wheel control phonebook / dialling / volume etc.

CD changer, together with iPod connectivity.

Full electric tilt / slide sunroof, front & rear parking sensors, electric heated seats, auto lights, auto wipers, split fold rear seats, isofix, and all the usual toys.

Mileage, which is already low, has been mainly motorway munching. The chap I bought the car from worked in Switzerland, and he put on miles driving back and forth from there.

I have spent a small fortune maintaining and improving the car during my 1.5 year ownership. Whilst I'd not use the term economical to describe any AMG, it can and does regularly return 29-30mpg on a steady motorway run even with the occasional dispatching of diesel tailgaters.

Reason for sale is the need for a GT-R, having been trying to resist the urge since driving a friend's stage 2 Litchfield conversion.

Finally, the car is covered by a full warranty. I won't be including that in the sale as I can transfer it to my new car. However, I have not had to make any claims on the policy at all. By negotiation, I will include the warranty, which for a small admin fee can be transferred to a new owner. There are 9-10 months or so remaining, and it is annually renewable, should you wish.

I am looking for £17,000, but I'll do the haggling for you and come clean - I'll take £11,999 which given the spec and condition is I think extremely fair. The spare wheels alone cost me £800 all in, and save your summer tryes at the same time as making the car a far safer place in the dark, cold months.

Any questions, I can be reached on XXXXXXXXXXXXX.

I am based in Cheltenham.

Thanks for reading.

IMG_2055_zpsf25373ce.jpg
[/URL]

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry for the duplicate post!
Admin feel free to delete
Thanks

Forgot:-

Has only ever drunk Shell V power while with me.

Also, LED driving lamps as well as the Zenons, and LED interior light pack. All give a far more satisfying light than the yellow hue of the standard bulbs.

If no sale on here, will be advertising nationally although likely at £12.5k without the winter wheels and new rear tyres.

I can also be emailed at [email protected] or of course by PM here.

Seen a GT-R but would need to move quickly hence £11k for quick sale without alloy refurb etc.

Can't lose this car.

Come on folks - anyone very close to this temporary price for an immediate sale will get a total bargain.

Car is now on winter Michelin Alpin tyres and fully refurbed alloys ready for the winter.
MOT next week.
If no takers here I'll offer it to the masses.
If you're even contemplating a C55 you will struggle to find a better one.

Car booked in for a fresh MOT tomorrow morning.

Typically, one headlight started intermittently blinking last night, so today, 2 new xenon bulbs purchased and fitted. Gosh they're expensive.

Dropped my summer alloys off today and they will be fully refurbished and as new in a week or so.

The first serious buyer to look at this car will part with cash.

PM if interested.

MOT passed with no advisories.

Other than the first "arty" shot below, some pics of the car tonight at my local supermarket below.

Also, some minor additions which I forgot as follows:-

AMG metal tax disc holder
Rubber winter over mats in great condition (great for protecting the "real" mats in the winter)

My sale is now less urgent as I have a good possibility on a GT-R from a friend whose chopping it for a new one. Still happy to sell, but happy for wait for the right buyer too...

Bump..
Car I now hope to get should be ready in the next couple of weeks or so.
I'm keen to avoid test pilots and dreamers.
Hence here only £10,750 (without the spare alloys) before it goes online.

This really is an absolute bargain.

Updates.
1.Just had my summer wheels back from a full refurbishment and looking great in a beautiful satin black finish.
2. Just ordered another 12 months road tax to start 1.12.13
3. Will be having a B service carried out shortly.

As of later today, the car wears over £800 worth of brand new Goodyear Ultragrip 8 Performance winter rubber, mounted on freshly refurbished perfect alloys. Pics to follow.

Apologies for the terrible photos, but they give you an idea as to how the winter wheels look:-

If anyone in / near London is interested in viewing, I'll be heading to central London next Tue 19 Nov.

Just had B service done.
So, refurb wheels, brand new winter rubber, 12 months MOT, 12 months tax, 10k till next service.
Car needs not a penny spending on it now.
This is without doubt the best C55 on the market currently.

So, to the sender of the PM this evening, and for the benefit of anyone else cheeky enough to contemplate sending me a link to a tatty car in an effort to secure a mint one for a song...

Hello.

As the asking price of that car you linked to is only £7,950, I don't disagree with you that you might well be able to secure it for £8k, with a bit of hard nosed negotiation and a fair wind. I'd suggest starting at 8.5k though to give yourself some wriggle room.

In the meantime, you are wrong about the value of my car. I have already turned down offers of 9k, and 10k. The other recent forum C55 sales must have escaped your attention. Even We buy any car.com offers £7,155, all of which leads me to the conclusion that your offer is not only derisory, but actually quite insulting, although whether to your intelligence or mine, I'm not sure.

Either way, as someone who genuinely takes pride in their car, I find it really quite annoying. Can you tell? Clearly we all want to buy a car for the best price that we can, although there is a limit beyond which one might not step for fear of ridicule.

In any event, I'd rather use the car as a garden ornament than sell it for the sum you so kindly offered.

I wish you luck in your search for a tatty C55, and respectfully decline your offer of £7,800. However, following your top negotiation tips, if you make it £6.5k, I'll throw in my house too. And the wife's car. What the hell - the wife as well. I'm sure they'll all be upgrades over your current models.
:doh:

New car sorted, so this has to go.

£10,250 for a sale in the next few days.

This is a crazy giveaway price.

Pressure off, car now firm 12k.
And worth every penny.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom