C63 “sports panel filters”

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Enough to notice a difference. Why I mentioned it in the first place!

When you have a low powered car 5-10 bhp can be noticible , in a 400+ bhp car I fail to understand .

Do you remember what those gains were in terms of numbers?
24hp, as stated it was very noticeable!.

Enough to notice a difference. Why I mentioned it in the first place!
24hp, as stated it was very noticeable!.
That’s what I was interested in, the improvement measured in BHP.

i thought you were referring to a panel filter, and I was interested to know which brand and by how much, as many don’t make an improvement when measured.

A GruppeM set up is in a different league to a panel filter, and 24 BHP is a significant gain - although I would expect a GruppeM set up to out perform a regular panel filter.

I had the Wiestec filters fitted to the CL after Acid had mapped it. I don't know if it made any difference, just a much better design they say than the OEM filter + it doesn't need replacing, just cleaning every service.

@350cls that's an impressive gain, now what comes to mind is was it the ram air intake system? And if so, another factor would be AMGs intake system -v- the one on the Alpina.

If AMG designed the holy grail of intakes for the M156 it may be that a ram air system won't show as much of an increase, on the other hand if it's not the most efficient system then there could be a decent amount of power to be unlocked.

Even 20bhp increase on a 507bhp M156 is an interesting proposition, in fact it doesn't sound far off a Eurocharged tune - on that subject, and as @MaKaToM is after more power, what's the general consensus on Eurocharged tunes for M156?

It's something I've thought about, but as the ML comes with the 507bhp version of the engine, I wonder if it's already next to limit at its standard power figure...

Some really interesting information in this thread, cheers chaps.

The M156 has a few variations with its bhp figures the w211 the C 63 the ML and the 525 bhp w212. As with Alpina I think AMG play down there real bhp figures. Would be interesting to get the varied engines on a rolling road to see what they are really putting out.

The GruppeM intake system I bought brand new was from the US. It wasn't cheap. But it was the real McCoy. As said it improved the intake sound and you did notice the hp gains. My main aim was to release more sound from that V8 engine which it did really well. The M156 on a vocal front is in my opinion one of the best sounding V8's still to this day. With small exhaust alterations it is the best. Let's not get my started on exhaust sounds the 157 brigade will come along crying :)

What's the point of 20 bhp on an already super fast car when that filter will let a load of dust through into the engine ?

Remapping an NA car with that much HP already, doesn't seem worth it to me, air filter or no air filter. Just enjoy it!

Hi Guys
Does anyone know where to get a heavy duty seat cover in red with white AMG on it
Thanks j

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom