C63 125, A45 or stay in E63

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

P30egy

Car
E63 AMG
I currently own a E63 2010 with the performance pack and diff but after owning for nearly a year I’m getting the itch to get something else. Would going to the c63 or A45 be a disappointment and would I regret selling the E63. Anyone who as made this change please give me some advice. Thanks

I went from C63 to A45 , massive mistake . The peaky powerhouse 4 pot in the A45 is great fun, but alas, only for a few days.....tried a few more cars after that, but ended up back in an E63.

If you love V8`s, stay away from A45. If want something completely different but still fast....give it a try.....Totally different cars.

i haven't got any of those cars but on paper I know which one I'd rather have - your current one.

Maybe a newer E63?

Yes I love the v8, is it true the c63 is louder standard/standard exhaust?

Yes I love the v8, is it true the c63 is louder standard/standard exhaust?
C63 definitely makes more of a racket just generally driving around(the 6.2 lump), or at least you hear it more in the cabin(exhaust pops and bangs)
On cold starts, the 5.5 E63 wins in my opinion, generally just driving around then the E63 is much more discreet, different matter on full chat though.

Not sure that a standard M156 C63 is any louder outside the car than a standard M156 E63, but it's probably noisier inside.

I've not owned a C63 or an A45, but have driven both the W204 and W205 C63's and also a GLA45 and - with the possible exception of the of the W205 C63 - I would suspect you'd regret moving to either after an E63, unless you're looking for a very different driving experience.

Keep what you have got or move to a 5.5 e63 bi turbo. E63s (or cls's) are just so versatile. Most of the time for everyday driving a comfortable luxury limo...... but completely bonkers when you ask.

Off the wall but how about a M4 comp pack? An A45 AMG is fun for a week or two but you cant go back from a V8 to a A45 unless its for the wife or a fun days second car,
The E class is great but a bit of a luxo barge for throwing about, But superb as a day to day car.

Having had most of the toys i now have a C63s ( 205 coupe ) and a Golf Tdi for day to day use.

Hi P30egy,

I had my cls 63 (6.2)for 3 years and fancied a change, so I got my 09 Nissan GTR (600bhp full de-cat).
I am now considering buying a c63 as a daily driver as well.
My CLS had the secondary CAT delete and X pipe which sounded nice but I always secretly preferred the c63 as I think its more animalistic. I also love the styling of the 2012 C63 4 dr and if I get one may end up keeping it forever as it has the last of the great NA engines and turbo engines just don't sound the same.
My brother in law has just bought a new AMG GT-S and although it sounds good its just not raw.
It really depends what your priorities are?

I have an E63 Wagon (5.5 bi-turbo) and have done about 20k miles in 8 months.
Pound for pound I cannot think of a better car that can take me to Tesco's one minute and the next hammer down the motorway the next.
I even had a roof box on it for a month or so and my average mpg only dropped by a little!
It has been a pure joy to drive and the car is as tight as a drum with no rattles etc.
If I had to be very very very picky, my only gripe would be lack of 4WD, this obviously does not apply
to the latest model.

I have an E63 Wagon (5.5 bi-turbo) and have done about 20k miles in 8 months.
Pound for pound I cannot think of a better car that can take me to Tesco's one minute and the next hammer down the motorway the next.
I know I'm biased - I'm on my second Bi-turbo E63 - but I really do think the E63 is an extraordinarily accomplished car, that's totally undervalued because people think it's just a big luxo-barge. The way it shrinks in size around you when you press on really does have to be experienced to be believed.

To confirm all of the above, the E63 covers all bases. Loads of space for carrying rubbish & doing the shopping etc, but goes like a train when needed. I spend half my life with the window down listening to it, and it never fails to amuse passengers when I boot it & it breaks traction at whatever speed!

There’s no replacement for displacement, as they say.

I've just sold my C63 which some mods done by the previous owners and it was a great car set up perfectly. I also had a standard C63 and honestly the standard car didn't feel as good and fun to drive.

Mind the standard was a prefacelift with the older gearbox, So that Also made a difference. Personally a modded facelift C63 is bloody good fun. Ive also had a few E63's and they are more my thing though.

I have the C63 (Estate) and the GTR. Both completely different. The 63 has been parked up for the past week and I have been using the GTR. Nowhere near as much fun when considering all the noise and toys in the Merc.
My Brother had the A45 and, whilst I am very tempted with changing (Petronas or midnight edition) I am loathed to give up the soundtrack of the V8.
I understand that, after 3 years in the E class that a change is as good as a rest. See if a dealership will oan you an A45 for the afternoon. If they want your business, they should be keen enough.
Keep us posted on your decision

Off the wall but how about a M4 comp pack? An A45 AMG is fun for a week or two but you cant go back from a V8 to a A45 unless its for the wife or a fun days second car,
The E class is great but a bit of a luxo barge for throwing about, But superb as a day to day car.

Having had most of the toys i now have a C63s ( 205 coupe ) and a Golf Tdi for day to day use.

I tried a couple of M4 CS , great cars in lots of ways but the sound of the engine, or lack of it is woeful , and was the main reason I didn't buy one (chose C63) Also there is no lumber support on the CS pack seats and both myself and The Boss had back ache after half an hours drive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom