C63 2013 limp home mode :-(

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

C60three

Car
V60
My 2013 C63 had covered 2500 miles with no issues, until this morning! The engine warning light initially flashed and then become constant. The car felt terrible and very laboured. I guess it went into limp mode? I managed to get to work.
I contacted Merc Assist at around 9am and they came out (eventually around 2pm) and ran diagnostics. The fault code indicated an ‘all cylinder misfire’. The technician thought this was most probably due to ‘dodgy batch of fuel’ (Tesco 99 ron momentum, which I have always used) I filled the car up on Friday almost a full tank and drove the car yesterday with no issues.
When the technician started the car, it had ‘auto corrected’ the warning light and ran fine during his testing. However, upon speaking to my local dealership and his boss they decided to take the car in for further investigation.
Excited by the prospect of my ‘comparable loan car’ mine went off on a low-loader…….. However, the car hire company delivered me a diesel A class!
Any thoughts?
Many thanks in advance

If it goes in limp you can not exceed 15mph. Did this happen?

May be not. It felt like the handbrake was on. I was in slow moving traffic for most of the way. It perhaps felt slightly faster than 15mph but I was really nursing it and was releaved to arrive at work (about 3 miles with warning light on)

I had similar problem on my BMW. It was the HPFP (high pressure fuel pump) but they also ended up replacing the injectors. Don't know if c63 uses similar technology.

The technician thought this was most probably due to ‘dodgy batch of fuel’ (Tesco 99 ron momentum, which I have always used)

I hope not pal -I always use that stuff :crazy:

Odd thing happened to me i got stuck in traffic on motorway for 2 hours crawling in traffic 5-10mph the car stalled on me...! i don't want to hi jack this tread just thought id mention this as a potential problem also? no lights on dash and drove fine after but this shouldn't of happened in a "automatic"

Back to subject, i had heard Tesco 99 causing problems in the past can't remember where i read this but i use it from time to time.

Guys to be on he safe side I have always used shell v power nitro +.

Sent from my iPhone using MBClub UK

Suky Sangha said:
Guys to be on the safe side I have always used shell v power nitro +. Sent from my iPhone using MBClub UK

Sent from my iPhone using MBClub UK

Odd thing happened to me i got stuck in traffic on motorway for 2 hours crawling in traffic 5-10mph the car stalled on me...! i don't want to hi jack this tread just thought id mention this as a potential problem also? no lights on dash and drove fine after but this shouldn't of happened in a "automatic"

Mines done this a lot lately. half a dozen times at least. Although been fine for the last week.

I've was running mine on sainsbury's super as I dont have a shell garage on my normal route but have made the effort to only put v power in it since christmas.

I've covered 11K miles in mine and its due for a service so will mention it when I book it in. Along with various rattles, squeaks, buzzes and a badly worn drivers seat...

J.

Don't they suffer with overheating problems - I thought I'd read it somewhere.

Seems mine wasn't the only one that has stalled then, I use Vpower 80% of the time just get cought out sometimes! it hasn't happened since but il see how it goes if not MB will have me knocking on the door..

Did you speak to MB about yours MarriedBlonde? if so what did they say.

Don't they suffer with overheating problems - I thought I'd read it somewhere.

I can well believe this. In my car it doesn't take long at all for the fan to 'kick in'. Then it seems to stay on for ever and never really cools the engine down, just keeps it at the constant temp circa 105-110 degrees iirc

Not surprised that there have been overheating issues if that's true :(

I can well believe this. In my car it doesn't take long at all for the fan to 'kick in'. Then it seems to stay on for ever and never really cools the engine down, just keeps it at the constant temp circa 105-110 degrees iirc

Not surprised that there have been overheating issues if that's true :(

Mine has never gone above about 95 which includes the M25 on a hot sunny Friday afternoon

Quick update: They were unable to reproduce the fault at the dealers today:fail. Car is coming back tomorrow after they have tried a cold start???

Seems mine wasn't the only one that has stalled then, I use Vpower 80% of the time just get cought out sometimes! it hasn't happened since but il see how it goes if not MB will have me knocking on the door..

Did you speak to MB about yours MarriedBlonde? if so what did they say.

Its in for a service a week friday and they are looking at it then. The service chap just said thats odd when I asked them to look at it. Did it again yesterday as well.

J.

Mine has never gone above about 95 which includes the M25 on a hot sunny Friday afternoon

I find that hard to believe.

The temp always changes, especially when you are giving it the beans. Mine varies between 95 when warm the 115+ when driving hard.

Back OT, I've only had a CEL once when I used 95RON (no choice) and the car felt awful. I switched off the ignition and back on again and drove steady until I could fill up with super juice and it was fine again.

The gearbox has gone into 'limp' mode once too when it overheated, but again that corrected itself.

As above mine its between 95 -115 when giving it some

what are the code numbers from their diagnostics?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom