C63 2019 facelift front conversion

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Nickj

Car
C63
So my car is a sept 2018 build c63 and had the inkling to swop the grills out for the 2019 ones for a while. I’d already bought an edition 1 kit ( all Oem merc) which is basically the 2019 facelift, so had some additional parts to fit. No hurry to get fitted up as enjoying the car so much, but decided this week needed to pull my finger out.

Read a few horror stories about installing the grills and what I would say is don’t under estimate this job. Bumper off, and 2-3 hours of stripping the bumper down, pot riveting and re installing. Side by side you could argue both grills look great but I do think the 2019 grill looks more modern and the lower grills look super aggressive. Added the side skirts and rear spoiler to boot.

Pre pic of my car vs 2019 at Norwich Mb..

Post pics,

2019 rear diffuser/ tailpipes en route from MB Dealer.

I much prefer the new grille, really gives the front a sleeker look.

Great colour too btw, looks a cracker!

That is one superb looking motor!! :D:D And the grill looks great!

And the lower splitter. Nice.

I didn't remove the bumper when doing mine, but wouldn't recommend, not removing it.

Sent from my awesome Samsung Galaxy Note 9

That’s a very good looking car, both before and after. Lovely colour, is that Brilliant Blue?

Yeah the new grille looks brilliant. Love the colour also

Top marks for tackling that yourself, looks like a very good job By default you’ve also shown the pre facelift grill can be fitted in a facelift car if folk don’t like the new look. I’m still in the “undecided” Camp. :)

The 18 grille is miles nicer. The 19 one looks too BMW for me.

Obviously everyone's taste is different but the pre-face lift style is so similar to other models in the Merc range, this makes the AMG's more distinctive.

upload_2019-4-29_12-6-15.jpeg

Great photo showing how the new grill makes a huge difference to the look of the car.

I much prefer the new grille, really gives the front a sleeker look.

Great colour too btw, looks a cracker!

That is one superb looking motor!! :D:D And the grill looks great!

Do you mean what wheels were on the car prior? If so the original 20" amg wheels. If you mean what i've had in the past, it would be safer to ask what haven't I had! From BBS split rims to Oz lightweights on various track cars going all they way back to Antera 5 spokes, original first set of Kahns and even Azev A's, oh and TSW Stealths going even further back in the day!

Yes I think for the back I will go for them, the front seems to sit ok I think. Maybe 15mm or 20mm on the rear, going to scour through MBWorld this week to see what people have done across the pond. Indeed she is very comfy although haven't really used her much recently. I've recently taken delivery of a new V90 R Design which is great for the kids etc (no need to take their shoes off when sitting in the back!!)

Yeah the new grille looks brilliant. Love the colour also

As Sweetafton says, wash off the polar foam and then wash as normal. With the ceramic coating the car is almost spotless after the initial jet blast to get the dirt off even before the Polar Blast treatment but drying without washing seems a dumb thing to do.

About 60 miles along the A14 from Ipswich so not close by!

Cracking job

A lot of work but a really nice result :thumb:

Thanks all. Comments much appreciated.

And the lower splitter. Nice.

I didn't remove the bumper when doing mine, but wouldn't recommend, not removing it.

Sent from my awesome Samsung Galaxy Note 9

Lower splitter makes a huge difference overall.

The new grille design is great, the blue is a great colour.

Looking forward to the 'Retro fitting 9 speed gear box & digital dash more complicated than I thought' thread!

I’ll leave the 9 speed box, as had a glc63s for a while and found 9 gears a bit tooo many! I’m sure we will see some digital dash retro fit questions popping up but I won’t be asking. Know your limits!

Nice car and conversion but I like that drive way of yours the best.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom