c63 2019 facelift rear diffuser/ bigger tailpipes swop now completed

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Nickj

Car
C63
So, finally got round to making time to swop the rear diffuser to the facelift 2019 one with bigger tailpipes. no real details on internet so thought I’d post some pics/ tips in case anyone considering it in he future.

I’ve already done the front grills, front spoiler, side skirts and rear spoiler and love the change.

As it was, nothing wrong with it but plastic looked a bit cheap and could look tougher. Was going to add an edition 1 diffuser but after much deliberation went with the facelift stuff. Pleased I did.

Today I got my garage to do the rear swop. I help where I can. Said it would take an hour tops so they would squeeze me in. Hmm, could of been a bit optimistic!

Exhausts off easily, 4 bolts. Various pot rivets need drilling out and a couple of bolts. Some un clipping and eventually the rear diffuser comes off. Then more pot rivets to remove the brackets that hold the exhaust tips on. Need to unplug 2 rear sensors and boot opener.

Then first problem became apparent. Inside the diffuser is a plastic part and this contains the boot opener / gesture sensors. These didn’t line up with new diffuser. Not sure if the 19 has a different part, but after a bit of modding and a couple of pot rivets we got the part fitted, but not a simple swop and one to be aware of if you have gesture boot opening.

Tailpipes on. Two little tabs on each slide in and replace 2 screws per side.

Inner exhaust mounting bracket on both sides needed these drilling out and replacing.

went to refit and another problem. 2 small clips either side left and right, need cutting off as no slots on 18 bumper. No biggy, just cut them off. The diffuser had 2 screws provided so used these, 1 per side on the outer edges of the diffuser to secure.

Lastly, rear tray clips in on the sides and then add screws on the bottom to secure and finally push fit the last trim bit on that covers up the clips from the tray.

Anyway, wouldn't say this was a simple swop but all done. If you have gesture rear boot either buy the 2019 part of be prepared to modify. Overall took 2 hours with a ramp and 2 people ( well one mechanic, and me so maybe 1.5 people!) and very happy with results.

Couple of extras,

looks good! to complete maybe add the part numbers for the bits? if you have them

top mod!

looks good! to complete maybe add the part numbers for the bits? if you have them

top mod!
Yes, good shout. I have posted a pic of my invoice in a thread on mbworld so will re post on this thread.

I’m looking to do this on my C63 Saloom just DM’d you

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom