C63 255/30/19 Tyres

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I've only driven it the 8 miles from the tyre fitter to home. All I noticed was how sticky the tyre was flicking stones at the bodywork.

The C63 is the other half's car so doubt she'll notice any difference whatsoever

Any one know the cheapest place to get the rear yokos that come standard?

Yes if your in the Midlands..:thumb:

You might not be able to get the V103's now, but the V105 is better..

Last edited:
Does anyone know if fitting the 265 rear tyre throws out the speedo reading on the C63? I know my speedo is pretty well spot-on (compared to TomTom reading) so does fitting a larger tyre throw things out?

Does anyone know if fitting the 265 rear tyre throws out the speedo reading on the C63? I know my speedo is pretty well spot-on (compared to TomTom reading) so does fitting a larger tyre throw things out?

Fitting a wider tyre shouldnt make a difference because the circumference is the same. If you change the profile from 35 to say 30 then it would

I have 265s and have not measured with any degree of accuracy speedo change, but all seems fine.

I have 275s and its all good on the speedo and the Road angel. worry not !!

Fitting a wider tyre shouldnt make a difference because the circumference is the same. If you change the profile from 35 to say 30 then it would

That's not strictly true.

The tyre profile of the tyre is a % of the tyre width. 30% of 265 is greater than 30% of 255.

However, in reality such small alterations will have a negligible effect on speedo readout, 265/30/19 will read 1mph under actual speed, 275 2mph under.

That's not strictly true.

The tyre profile of the tyre is a % of the tyre width. 30% of 265 is greater than 30% of 255.

However, in reality such small alterations will have a negligible effect on speedo readout, 265/30/19 will read 1mph under actual speed, 275 2mph under.

Thanks - I never realised that :thumb:

like this?

Btw my wheels have a very aggressive offset with std wheels you wont have any problems, I don't even with mine.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom