C63 507 Coupe..Cheers Merc!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

H20 MRV

Car
RS4
Happy I am at last!! ( Now what to do with the HREs ):doh:

Dear Mr Galloway
We write further to your email correspondence of 16th January 2014 addressed to Mr Simon Oldfield, Managing Director, Customer Service Group. Mr Oldfield has reviewed your comments and asked that we provide a response on his behalf.
Initially we would like to apologise for any misunderstanding caused by the contact from either our office or the Retailer regarding your concerns. However, we can confirm that this vehicle was supplied with 18 inch alloy wheels from factory. The vehicle is not a mis-build in terms of the vehicle's specification as it was supplied as a stock vehicle which at the time were being supplied with 18 inch wheels as standard due to availability and demand. The vehicle was therefore advertised for sale with 18 inch alloy wheels and full disclosure was given regarding the specification at the point of your purchase. Nevertheless, having reviewed all the facts of this case, we are willing to provide a goodwill gesture due to the resulting confusion and the ongoing loyalty and commitment you have shown our brand, something for which we are very grateful. Consequently should you wish to acquire the 19 inch alloy wheels and tyres these will be supplied to you at cost price. Mercedes-Benz of Edinburgh will then fit these without charge.
Mercedes-Benz of Edinburgh will be contacting you in due course to confirm this offer and determine whether you wish to proceed. Please note that there may be a delay in the supply of these wheels which ultimately may take up to 6 weeks for delivery due to continued limited availability.
For more information please contact Mercedes-Benz of Edinburgh on 0843 357 2134.
Again, we apologise for any miscommunication but hope that this token gesture will be received favourably.

So well done, Merc!

You're not George are you? I used to enjoy you on talksport.

Good resolution though!

What's the cost price? Do you get to keep the 18"
Alloys?

I am buying the 507s at cost, about £2500, the 18s are mine, in fact they are going on my E270cdi estate I bought yesterday for carting stuff up to the highlands!!

2.5k, what are they at retail? A lot of money has been spent on wheels!

£3600 retail, And I just spent £3000 on HREs and tyres !!!! : )

Good stuff! I am sure u will have no probs selling the hre's, if so inclined. I might be interested!

No, silver is not available, But I am getting the std wheels in silver and I will probably keep the HREs in black for Black days or track days, all I will need is two sets of tyres!

Not so bad I think..

trust me, that's the best I could get and am now happy!

tbh I should have kicked off or not bought the 507 when I realised the car had 18s, so a good compromise I think : )

I know you have fought this, but is that really a good deal?

I believe the dealerships point is the vehicle came with 18's! You bought them with 18's ... You want 507 forged 19's ?? This is the best we will offer! Take it or lump it!

So arguably best deal ... Would of been Great if they were free but that ain't happening.

I think uve done alright out of it Robin! :cool:

So do i Ash !! cheers!!

Home next week after 7 weeks on my tin island, Hres going on and the Milltek secondary cat delete! I bought some second hand downpipes with primary cats so i don't have to chop my 507 ones!! It should sound a bit nicer but not too loud!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom