C63 507 Edition Wide arch project

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

LeeJV

SUPPORTER
Car
Mercedes C63 AMG editon 507
Hi Guys.
So pretty much as the title says, Winter is finally here and its the ideal time for the car to be off the road to have some upgrades.. ( I know that's a subjective view) so I thought I'd start a thread about the work that I'm having done and further plans for the future.
I understand that this conversion won't be to everybody's taste and expect some negative reviews about it, so feel free to comment regardless.

I bought the car back in May this year but it had to go back to the dealer several times due to complaints that I made, One of the big problems was bodywork not being upto standard, In total it went back 3 times as I wasn't satisfied.. But after the last time it went back I could clearly see where they had soft edged the clear coat and not removed the trims lights, etc etc etc to do the work properly.. fed up with going round in circles I decided that I would have it done myself by a recommended bodyshop.

With all this in mind, I set about looking into having the rear arches extended to match the front profile, after looking at various kits, like LBWK, Rocket Bunny etc I went off the idea as I didn't want the car to look like it had just had arches bolted on and not smoothed in. I then found a fellow member who was having the same work done so had been following his project very closely.

So here we are now. The car is booked in for January to have a rear wide arch conversion done with Golding Barn Garage, they have manufactured their own kit that has been modified from a German Moshammer kit.
Now while the car is having the rear arches done and a full body paint, its also the ideal time for a colour change..( Don't shout at me yet) and have decided to go with The Legacy edition Viper Green.

Next on the list of things to change is the wheels, as much a I would like to keep the OEM Forged wheels, they simply won't look right, so I've been on the hunt for some good quality wheels that will look right and also have the same OEM forged Quality.
I've ordered a set of Fully Custom Forged wheels from Works Gnosis as they are the exact look that I'm after and can be made in the size and offsets I need. 19x11 ET 30 Rear and 19x8.5 ET 35 front, with Bridgestone Pilot sport 295.30 rear and 245 35 front.

Cont'd
I still have various other things to sort along the way, and will keep the thread up dated as things progress, In the mean time pls feel free to add any comments or advice that you feel may benefit this project.

Thanks in advance for reading, and look forward to all your thoughts.

For reference the shade of Green will be somewhere near Viper Green Or Hell Green, But not in the Magno, as I prefer the Gloss finish
But just for reference
245f782e-cf45-49b8-843d-0ab58e7e9f61.jpg

And the works Wheels are These

gnosis-fmb01-montage.jpg

Supporter here, as opposed to, "do not mess with OEM".

Reason for my post - tyre selection at rear with 11" rims suggest insufficient bulge - appreciate 295 fit however a quick double check at this stage before order is probably worth it.

(When reading the thread thought of the RDB/RDBLA Widebody)

Good luck. Look forward to seeing stages and photos.

Thanks T
Supporter here, as opposed to, "do not mess with OEM".

Reason for my post - tyre selection at rear with 11" rims suggest insufficient bulge - appreciate 295 fit however a quick double check at this stage before order is probably worth it.

(When reading the thread thought of the RDB/RDBLA Widebody)

Good luck. Look forward to seeing stages and photos.

Thanks mate... I've not ordered the tyres yet as the wheels wont even be here till Jan, so still have time... I'm pretty sure I can go with a 305 rear tyre, but will check gain nearer the time

That toy shop photo, is that a model? Can you buy it?

Edit - no it’s not a model :doh::D found it haha!

Thanks T

Thanks mate... I've not ordered the tyres yet as the wheels wont even be here till Jan, so still have time... I'm pretty sure I can go with a 305 rear tyre, but will check gain nearer the time

You can definitely go 305 on a 11j rim. I am running 305's and mine are 10.5j wide (albeit on a CLS).

Looking forward to the progress, good luck :)

For reference the shade of Green will be somewhere near Viper Green Or Hell Green, But not in the Magno, as I prefer the Gloss finish
But just for reference
View attachment 90029

And the works Wheels are These

View attachment 90030

Looking forward to following this build and seeing a C63 597 in green. The A45 in Elbaite Green looks great and always thought it would look good on a C63.

Looks like a fun project. Great colour choice.
Look forward to 'works in progress' piccies....

Looking forward to following this build and seeing a C63 597 in green. The A45 in Elbaite Green looks great and always thought it would look good on a C63.
just looked at that colour, don't suppose you know a paint code for it?

I think it will look great, my only negative is why do this on a 507 when you could have bought a standard C63 and probably devalued it less.

I think it will look great, my only negative is why do this on a 507 when you could have bought a standard C63 and probably devalued it less.

Well I thought long and hard about this and I did consider selling the 507 and buying a std one.... but.
The 507 has some unique features, Bonnet, Side decals, wheels and interior, all of these I felt would add to the overall finish and look of the car, even If I sold up, by the time I had bought a genuine bonnet and upgraded the interior and found a car with the same spec as mine it would have still cost the same as a 507. And I would have lost more money that way, and no matter how you cut it, the car wouldn't be a 507.
The other reason for buying new Forged wheels for the project is the best way of keeping the car as close to the OEM spec for the 507 as I can, and selling the OEM wheels will help recoup some of that cost too.
I also really like the 507 side decals, and I'm not a fan just adding stickers just to make the car look like a 507.

Doing it this way gives me a very special 507 Edition with a fat Ass!!!

I found it on Google Images....

maxresdefault.jpg

Doesn't matter about devaluing when you're keeping the car for long enough. It's like seat protectors, if you use them they're ugly and not as nice as the actual seats but you're only benefitting the next owner. I'd much rather get the enjoyment myself.

Hi guys
Sorry its been a while since my last post on this thread, not much has happened as the car has been with main dealer for some warranty work for the last 10 weeks due to some parts being on back order. Now I'm happy to say that the parts have finally arrived and I should have the car back next week.
I'm going down to the bodyshop next week to go through some colour charts, and have been thinking quite a bit about the bold colour change, The big kid inside really wants to go with the Hell green finish, but I'm not too sure about the engine bay being silver so I'm wondering if I may be better going with either the stock silver or possibly another shade that will give the car more of a pop, may be something like the Aston Martin silver that has a huge amount of flake in the colour.

I'll post up some pics of the colour samples next week and would be grateful for some 3rd party opinions on this.

Thanks again for reading
Lee

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom