C63 507 Model Register

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Unless Kepler knows more details of the sale then there is nothing to say it sold for around £50k (which is a stretch in anyones book). Advertised asking price and actual sale price are usually two totally different numbers.
I know 507 owners will be wanting to hear that these cars are selling for £50k and honestly I am happy for you if they are, but would you pay that much for one?
I suspect the seller of this particular car is solely trying to bump prices. I know one highly priced car doesn't change the market, but maybe he/she thinks its a start.
This is very true, but if prices start to generate sales above the £40K level I may just have to let mine go. Owning a lovely car for over 3 years and selling at a profit is not an everyday occurrence :cool:

I take it the saloon was low mileage, full main dealer history and topped up with options?

I didn't see the advert and know prices have firmed for 507's recently but £50K is toppy surely?
It was around 23k miles and blessed with options.
I wanted to buy another but unfortunately it sold within a few hours.

I wouldn't say 50k is excessive, when you consider similar cars in Germany sell for 65k euro plus all day long.

Only a matter of time we begin seeing those prices here regularly.

Reactions: Yex
Unless Kepler knows more details of the sale then there is nothing to say it sold for around £50k (which is a stretch in anyones book). Advertised asking price and actual sale price are usually two totally different numbers.
I know 507 owners will be wanting to hear that these cars are selling for £50k and honestly I am happy for you if they are, but would you pay that much for one?
I suspect the seller of this particular car is solely trying to bump prices. I know one highly priced car doesn't change the market, but maybe he/she thinks its a start.

But thats how it always starts right...just takes one car to shift the market.
Im not saying all 507s will be worth that but the good ones will be. For sure saloon/wagon is where the sensible money goes IMO.

Been looking on and off for over a year and seen the prices rising steadily, so trying to find the right one before the prices get pushed up too much and its too late, different car I know but a c63 black series has just gone up for £140K on auto trader🤣

Well I’ve had mine about 6 and a half years it’s not done a lot of miles if the prices start rising I will sell and get something else

Been looking on and off for over a year and seen the prices rising steadily, so trying to find the right one before the prices get pushed up too much and its too late, different car I know but a c63 black series has just gone up for £140K on auto trader🤣
Saw that and suspect it will be there a long time. Tom Hartley had one last year for barely more than half that. Far too expensive to use, but not low enough mileage to stash in a collection

I enquired about a white black series with aero pack last year when it was c£87K so asking £140K for one now is just hoping a muppet will come along and pay the asking price IMO.

They are out there so perhaps the trader can afford to sit it on his stock financing for a while as a bit of a gamble.

But thats how it always starts right...just takes one car to shift the market.
Im not saying all 507s will be worth that but the good ones will be. For sure saloon/wagon is where the sensible money goes IMO.
Its an interesting perspective, although, like any other popular car...the most expensive examples now are the ones that were the most wanted at the time of release. Going by Phil's stats, that would be a white coupe :D

Its an interesting perspective, although, like any other popular car...the most expensive examples now are the ones that were the most wanted at the time of release. Going by Phil's stats, that would be a white coupe :D
I agree 100%

Enjoying reading through some of the detail on here. I love the idea of the 507 and the fact that this is likely to be one car that will hold its value. I have been looking and following for a couple of months now, still struggle a bit with the prices over a std car. Equally if the value holds then it is less of an issue. To me I assumed £35000 would be a fair price, but they continue to sell.

I see there are a couple on line for sale. The black one in Elgin having the wheels refurbished puts me off (I know this is slightly irrelevant but at this level of money it still puts me off slightly - the other downside is that it doesn't gave the LSD fitted). I see from the statistics on the front page that only 13% opted for the diff? Is this less of an issue than I am making it out to be?

Enjoying reading through some of the detail on here. I love the idea of the 507 and the fact that this is likely to be one car that will hold its value. I have been looking and following for a couple of months now, still struggle a bit with the prices over a std car. Equally if the value holds then it is less of an issue. To me I assumed £35000 would be a fair price, but they continue to sell.

I see there are a couple on line for sale. The black one in Elgin having the wheels refurbished puts me off (I know this is slightly irrelevant but at this level of money it still puts me off slightly - the other downside is that it doesn't gave the LSD fitted). I see from the statistics on the front page that only 13% opted for the diff? Is this less of an issue than I am making it out to be?
I’ve driven both, couldn’t tell the difference but I was on the road and not exactly pushing it. If you’re using it solely on the road then unless you’re a very capable driver and happy to push on you won’t notice a difference with the LSD. Track use at all? Probably get an LsD... but also would you fork out for it on a track car? Probably be better off with something less valueable like a stock c63 with an aftermarket lsd.

A better differential is easily noticeable on the road at road speeds. You can retrofit a Quaife or Wavetrac for around £1,500 so don't let it limit your search.

A better differential is easily noticeable on the road at road speeds. You can retrofit a Quaife or Wavetrac for around £1,500 so don't let it limit your search.

I think it is always something I would prefer to allow for more control or prevent a mistake with the level of power. Like you say, it is a relatively inexpensive add on. I am not in any hurray so will wait and watch the market but not let this deter me.

The only previous car I have owned that I know did not have a LSD was a 1972 Alfa GT Junior, lovely car. It was not particularly powerful but really light, this exaggerated the limitation of not having a LSD on a front engine rear wheel drive car weighing not much. If I pulled away at a corner and accelerated hard the wheel with no traction would spin viciously, not great. If I had kept the car this would have been on the list to do.

One of my Alfa.

40928305561_cde23294fe_b.jpg

I took part in a charity run a few years ago. My daily was an M5, basically a drag race with heats on Edinburgh runway. Great fun and topped out the speed limiter on each run. I had forgotten until getting the Alfa picture from Flickr that there was a lovely C63 Black Series there on the same day. It was beaten by a seriously tuned RS 6. Not sure the driver was trying too hard.

I also managed to beat a E63 - forgotten all about that.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Anyway, ancient history (I can see me getting kicked off). Here are some picture I took on the day of the C63.

15133008906_e331cdfdf4_b.jpg

14969457148_f4a2927c9c_b.jpg

14969554837_2ecc7d6824_b.jpg

14969300109_d7a1dede8f_b.jpg

This won all the races

15154392645_8e35e42461_b.jpg

There were some lovely cars there.

15154382995_b6765e11f8_b.jpg

14967651539_b46751d1e7_b.jpg

15153061401_4625784497_b.jpg

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Apologies for not alerting others for who are looking for a 507 to this, but a saloon with low miles was listed on autotrader yesterday...within a few hours it was sold (even before the pictures went up)
I hope someone on here got it

Apologies for not alerting others for who are looking for a 507 to this, but a saloon with low miles was listed on autotrader yesterday...within a few hours it was sold (even before the pictures went up)
I hope someone on here got it
Actually it wasn’t lol.
It was an incorrect listing. I phoned them and the car they had coming in was a LHD jap import of something. He told me he’d update the listing

I thought I'd ask here,

does anybody know what the original new list price of the C63 125 Edition and the 507 Edition was in the UK??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom