C63 507 Model Register

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I did a 108 mile drive today, it was a steady run.

I averaged 25.1mpg !

That’s much better than I’d expected. Not that’s its a big deal to me, but I was just curious.

(And yes, I do know it ‘dips a bit’ when you use the loud pedal).

I did a 108 mile drive today, it was a steady run.

I averaged 25.1mpg !

That’s much better than I’d expected. Not that’s its a big deal to me, but I was just curious.

(And yes, I do know it ‘dips a bit’ when you use the loud pedal).

Nigel, you're not driving as you should! :D

Hi Phil,
Just a catch-up - I wondered if you could kindly amend your register as I have now removed the wheel spacers that were fitted by the previous owner.
The tyres were always really tight to the arches especially on the rear and I have seen evidence of rubbing under heavy load situations so they've come off & shorter bolts & lockers fitted.
The ride now seems more compliant which is opposite to what I was expecting.
I don't post on this valuable thread much but am always catching up on the comments.
I should try harder as there aren't many of us '507 wagon' daily drivers on here :)

Hi,
Can anyone recommend an honest, reliable MB indie in the Bedfordshire area please.

Really don’t fancy paying for MB rates for anything other than servicing, and don’t know who to go to.

Many thanks in advance.

at least he's driving it, I've not driven mine for 3weeks!!!:wallbash:

You’re not too good at this AMG lark currently are you :p

Good news is the weather looks set fair for a while yet so you can redeem yourself :thumb:

Hi,
Can anyone recommend an honest, reliable MB indie in the Bedfordshire area please.

Really don’t fancy paying for MB rates for anything other than servicing, and don’t know who to go to.

Many thanks in advance.

Not Bedfordshire but very close (20mins) I use Parkhams in Wellingborough, Nick the guy that runs it is a true gent. I ‘did’ use Northampton Mercedes for all servicing until they stuffed up, so shall be trying out either Bedford, Milton Keynes or Coventry Mercedes next

Not Bedfordshire but very close (20mins) I use Parkhams in Wellingborough, Nick the guy that runs it is a true gent. I ‘did’ use Northampton Mercedes for all servicing until they stuffed up, so shall be trying out either Bedford, Milton Keynes or Coventry Mercedes next

Thank you, I will give him a try

With regards to MB, I use Bedford & can recommend them as better than most & Hargit is the man you need to talk to. He sorted out a discounted service plan for me and I have had no issues over the years that I have used them.

Hi,

Many thanks in advance.

Auto Class in Milton Keynes is where you want to take your car. Search for reviews on this forum.

You’re not too good at this AMG lark currently are you :p

Good news is the weather looks set fair for a while yet so you can redeem yourself :thumb:

I'm getting extremely frustrated now. The car went in the body shop to have all the paint work sorted, it had some stone chips on the odd panel etc, but I didn't want a smart repair so opted to have it done properly. Then it all went tits up when they couldn't open the passenger door!! so it's now back at Brooklands having that sorted.
Then its got to go back to the body shop. And then I can have the decals fitted.......
AARRRHGHH!!!!!!;

I'm getting extremely frustrated now. The car went in the body shop to have all the paint work sorted, it had some stone chips on the odd panel etc, but I didn't want a smart repair so opted to have it done properly. Then it all went tits up when they couldn't open the passenger door!! so it's now back at Brooklands having that sorted.
Then its got to go back to the body shop. And then I can have the decals fitted.......
AARRRHGHH!!!!!!;

That’s unfortunate! I thought they already fixed the handle?
Hopefully it will be sorted soon..! You should have just had the summer out of it and had the bodywork sorted over winter.

Dan

Sorry to hear your grief Lee, hopefully a simple fix and then you can get the cosmetic issues resolved and out on the tarmac :thumb:

That’s unfortunate! I thought they already fixed the handle?
Hopefully it will be sorted soon..! You should have just had the summer out of it and had the bodywork sorted over winter.

Dan
apparently they only replaced the entire drivers side system, now the passenger side needs sorting too.
as for waiting till winter for the paint, I'm just too ocd about it. I just wanted the decals on ffs!, you know how it goes, can't do one thing without fixing the other.

Sorry to hear your grief Lee, hopefully a simple fix and then you can get the cosmetic issues resolved and out on the tarmac :thumb:
one can only hope.... Although my patience is wearing thin

AARRRHGHH!!!!!!;

Lee,
Am I right in thinking, This was a Mercedes “approved used” vehicle you purchased?
Surely they must have some standards and criteria’s to meet, Before classifying such vehicle as an “approved used” and not bad enough to needing a full respray...

I mean looking at auto trader now, currently there are a few 507’s for sale. Personally I would have waited, But each to there own I guess..

Lee,
Am I right in thinking, This was a Mercedes “approved used” vehicle you purchased?
Surely they must have some standards and criteria’s to meet, Before classifying such vehicle as an “approved used” and not bad enough to needing a full respray...

I mean looking at auto trader now, currently there are a few 507’s for sale. Personally I would have waited, But each to there own I guess..
yes it is, i bought it from Brooklands , and they did a lot of work to the car before i collected it, i only found the small chips when i was detailing the car the following week. It doesn't "Need" a full respray its just a few chips on each door and 1 front wing, i just don't like smart repairing and colour variation between panels, hence why i opted to have both sides done in a paint shop.

I've also looked on trader, but most are not main dealer, and won't have a manufacture warranty.

as for waiting, i looked at plenty, and found plenty of bad examples that needed too much doing to them., and again had no warranty

as for waiting, i looked at plenty, and found plenty of bad examples that needed too much doing to them., and again had no warranty

The Mercedes Warranty actually doesn't cover a lot and is hidden in caveats. The extended warranty you can buy afterwards at a cost of £2850 (2019 price) is even worse, however, they will cover mechanical faults - injectors and cams/tappets are not uncommon on these so is piece of mind I guess.

I thought the chips were liveable on the drivers door, did notice the corners on the passenger door too but they weren't that bad. You'll have it so clean you'll be afraid to use it - like mine...covered less than 300 miles so far since I've bought it and 100 of those was bringing it home :D

Was the handle faulty when you bought the car? I'd be asking Brooklands for a small form of compensation - cant hurt trying...

Dan

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom