C63 507 - Rear Tyre replacement - recommendations please

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Widowmaker507

Car
C63 507
Hi team,

It's come around to that time of an AMG owners tenure when some rubber needs to be replaced ;)

I suspect that this topic has been talked about to death on this forum but I hoping that I can either get a link to the right thread or some guidance as to what tyres are best fit. I don't really have the luxury of being able to switch between summer and winter tyres so a solid all round tyre is what I am looking for. I have seen some recommendations for Continentals and Pirellis.

Thanks in advance! :cool:

As suggested Michelin PS4S would be my default Summer tyre, but going for any of the premium brands which are best value at that point in time would be fine, so Continental and Pirelli are worth a shout. Some people just don't get along with Pirellis though so if buy some then expect people in Internet fora to spit and his when you mention them.

Edited to add: If your front tyres are good, then personally I would replace the rears with whatever is on the front, to have a matching set. I would then change to a different brand/pattern when all four need to be replaced.

Ps4 or Goodyear Eagle

Another with the MP4S recommendation - on my 2nd set on the C63 (14k out of the last lot) - softer sidewalls than OEM recommended Conti's but better grip and twice the longevity
www.camskill.co.uk - if you have a friendly tyre shop to fit them :thumb:

Another with the MP4S recommendation - on my 2nd set on the C63 (14k out of the last lot) - softer sidewalls than OEM recommended Conti's but better grip and twice the longevity
www.camskill.co.uk - if you have a friendly tyre shop to fit them :thumb:

Thanks for the heads up grum - prices on camskill are definitely an improvement on Blackcircles.

As suggested Michelin PS4S would be my default Summer tyre, but going for any of the premium brands which are best value at that point in time would be fine, so Continental and Pirelli are worth a shout. Some people just don't get along with Pirellis though so if buy some then expect people in Internet fora to spit and his when you mention them.

Edited to add: If your front tyres are good, then personally I would replace the rears with whatever is on the front, to have a matching set. I would then change to a different brand/pattern when all four need to be replaced.

The front tyres are still pretty good at the moment Bobby Dazzler - as we all know the power going to the rear is going to harm them more than the fronts. Appreciate the heads up but it looks like the MP4S are going to be the one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom