C63 - 507 - Software Updates

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PHiLCORE

Car
C63 Edition 507, Audi A6 LeMans
So I finally get back to the UK Wednesday night and I'll be picking my 507 up on Thursday morning, I've had to wait 8 weeks in total since doing the deal as I've been out of the country, so I'm currently like a kid on the run up to Christmas!

Anyways, this may just be a bit of a nOOb question but I've seen a lot of posts relating to other cars and MB Software Updates, I'm just wondering with mine been the 2014 version will there be Software updates out and is it as easy as dropping the car into a dealer and getting them to sort it out?

Thanks in advance!

I could be wrong, but I think there might be an update that decreases the noise and downshift drama.

I'm taking my 507 in for a service next month, and will be discussing the options with the service manager (who sounds like a bit of a petrolhead).

Very much enjoying everything about the car (also a 2014 model) so would be loath to change anything about it in case it was detrimental. That includes the gearbox, which I don't have a problem with.

There are probably some sat nav updates that can safely be applied?

I'd gauge your dealers understanding of what an amg should offer the customer - and take it from there.

Sounds like many of the control system updates (ecu, transmission etc) are one way, and can't be rolled back.

Oh and all the best with your new toy.

You're going to love it.

Watch out for the new speeding penalties though!

Just had a few updates done on my E63,

Sound System
Gearbox
Command
Command APPS
2016 Nav maps

I already has the 2016 maps so loaded that myself, but the rest was done by MB dealer.
Cost me roughly £150 to have the air con regassed and all the software updates appllied, it was on the Xentry machine for a good 3hrs according to the tech.

So monies worth, everything is improved but you'd really have to look hard for it i think unless you paid attension to every little detail like i do, the Gearbox update is the most obvious as the auto logic and overall shift quality is greatly improved.
Command also now has no lag on BT connections and the overall BT connection speed is much improved.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom