c63 507

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
If you bough this from Bury St Edmunds then it’s my old car. Had it for 5 years. Can tell you some good points and other bits that might need attention. My email address is my username at gmail dot com

If you bough this from Bury St Edmunds then it’s my old car. Had it for 5 years. Can tell you some good points and other bits that might need attention. My email address is my username at gmail dot com
I have sent you an email.

Hi All,

New member, am looking for a c63 507 coupe, are there any current owners in here that I could speak to about the car?

Of course if anyone is considering selling please let me know too!

Cheers

Vik
I have just brought a silver 64 plate coupe ! I love this car and good investment IMO!

Attachments

• 8192D38F-4C26-4A26-9716-E21DF5408520.jpeg
    8192D38F-4C26-4A26-9716-E21DF5408520.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 30
  • A6ED3D60-4D3D-40B7-9422-78A228834AF6.jpeg
    A6ED3D60-4D3D-40B7-9422-78A228834AF6.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 31
  • A4E82CD6-AC57-43B2-AD72-A386DE3F6338.jpeg
    A4E82CD6-AC57-43B2-AD72-A386DE3F6338.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 31
  • 37CA449C-5F76-4EF4-9793-C3D2AA21AF87.jpeg
    37CA449C-5F76-4EF4-9793-C3D2AA21AF87.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 31
12,000 miles? That’s fantastic!! Looks good too.

What he said! :)
Good news it has got an LSD! items for attention were front suspension bushes, engine oil leak,and front tyres had gone on inner edge. TBH I had already spotted them and so had Mercedes when it was put through the workshop. As a result all are being carried out before I take delivery. They also agreed to change all 4 tyres. Bad news is the part for the oil leek is on back order from Germany and not due until 10th July so I won’t be getting the vehicle until just after then so bit of a long wait!

If it is I can guarantee its the passenger side one

Good news it has got an LSD! items for attention were front suspension bushes, engine oil leak,and front tyres had gone on inner edge. TBH I had already spotted them and so had Mercedes when it was put through the workshop. As a result all are being carried out before I take delivery. They also agreed to change all 4 tyres. Bad news is the part for the oil leek is on back order from Germany and not due until 10th July so I won’t be getting the vehicle until just after then so bit of a long wait!
Ohh LSD from factory on an Estate? That’s about as rare as they come! 😎

Rocker cover cracked by any chance?
The dealer hasn't confirmed the cause but yes it is on the passenger side, just a bummer that I can't get the car until the middle of July. Oh well don't they say all good things are worth waiting for? let's hope it's true.

Ohh LSD from factory on an Estate? That’s about as rare as they come! 😎
No not factory unfortunately Quaife fitted by Birds. I have actually read they are supposed to be better than factory?

It'll be cracked, it's become a very common problem.

A Quaife is well suited to road use as it's gear based so doesn't require regular maintenance, it's still a good idea to change the oil every 30k miles or so but that's a doddle. It's also quite subtle in its operation. Strictly speaking it's not an LSD, it's an ATB (Automatic Torque Biasing) as it'll still allow a wheel to spin up if the other becomes completely unloaded.

The factory differential in a 204 uses clutch plates, which ultimately wear over the miles. It's also more on/off like than a Quaife which is more progressive. Arguably for track use the clutch plate system is better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom