C63, 6 weeks with no use

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MadGrip

Car
2017 C63s AMG
I'll be working away for 6 weeks from 26th June and was wondering if there's anything I'd need to do with my C63. I'll obviously leave the park break off as to avoid the brakes sticking, but should I need to put it on a trickle charge or anything else? In the past I always ended up with a flat battery on a Porsche 911 if I left it any longer than 2 weeks which would result in the alarm screaming until the battery was completely exhausted.

Any tips greatly appreciated

If you can put the battery on trickle charge you will ensure its not flat on your return.
Between 2-3 weeks is reckoned to be long enough for the battery to discharge.

Another option is to disconnect the battery.

Give it to me, I will look after it and detail it for you!! Need to get it to Glasgow mind!! [emoji28]

Strangely enough, that's one of the places I'll be working, as well as Inverness for a few weeks

Won't disconnecting the battery for that long upset anything?

Thanks guys, I think I'll go the trickle charger route

If the car is garaged with mains power available then a maintenance charger is definitely a worthwhile investment. My SL is kept on one permanently - keeping it fully charged also helps prolong the life of the battery (mine is nearly 12 years old now!).

Yes, it's garaged and has power. The beauty of it is that I can have the boot open for charging but still keep the alarm on and doors locked. Fortunately I live in a reasonably quiet area and have had no trouble with any vehicles for the 15 years I've lived here

That mite have been a bit more reassuring last week when it was in a car park in Goven haha

I've left my c32 in my garage for around 5 weeks turned the key and happy days.

I've left my c32 in my garage for around 5 weeks turned the key and happy days.

Yeah , that 2-3 weeks I mentioned in Post#2 was during the colder winter months. I'd still trickle charge over 6 weeks though.

My dad leaves his Wrangler at the airport in France for up to 12 weeks at a time, he has wired up a solar trickle charger and has a motion GPS tracker fitted to it as well. Give him piece of mind, as he knows it will start and where it is at all times.

My C63 has been in the garage since October. I'll try it in two weeks when I am home.

If you can trickle charge it then do so. My W210 needs windows resetting and throws up BAS ESP errors on reconnection, although easily rectified. I know some newer vehicle can throw up ghost faults on low battery so I would try to keep it charged if possible

Yeah , that 2-3 weeks I mentioned in Post#2 was during the colder winter months. I'd still trickle charge over 6 weeks though.

https://www.google.co.uk/webhp?sour...ery+charger&tbm=shop&spd=11140471801100386282
My car sits outside when I am away so I got one of these and the ODB port connector for it.(Hellfrauds).

I leave my car for 30 days at a time. This just plugs in, sits on the dash board and seems to put charge in.

Apart from locking the car, I don't do anything else.

A proper battery conditioner would be ideal in a garage kept car.

I have had in the past, for an older car. a quick release on the battery terminal, and that worked fine. 5mins to fit, and about 20secs to disconnect/.connect etc. However, the alarm and other devices don't work when the battery is disconnected. And your battery won't charge up.

I have left my car while offshore from 4-6 weeks at time regularly. Never had a problem

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom