C63 advice needed

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jraw4

Car
911 and Golf GTD
Hi all I'm just in the process of buying a 204 c63 I've found a nice one which has one owner and just 23000 miles on the clock, it's also at a merc main dealer. However it's just had its front discs and pads replaced!!

Seems very early in its life to have had its discs replaced, should I be concerned about this?

Cheers all

I had a 204 c63 ppp which i sold at 30000miles and discs were fine however i have heard of standard cars having early disc replacement. As you are buying off a merc dealer with a warranty i would take it as an advantage as they cannot sting you for new didcs and pads at your next service!

Considering that's a saving of nearly a grand I wouldn't even need to look twice, lol

jraw4 said:
Hi all I'm just in the process of buying a 204 c63 I've found a nice one which has one owner and just 23000 miles on the clock, it's also at a merc main dealer. However it's just had its front discs and pads replaced!! Seems very early in its life to have had its discs replaced, should I be concerned about this? Cheers all

They would not normally require changing at 23k miles, I know of a car on 60k miles that has seen track time still on original discs.

Maybe the car had been sat for a while and the discs corroded? Could just be a pre sale prep, which given the front discs on the non ppp cars are cheap as chips is no huge ask.

Could have been warped discs, my 63 had warped discs when i bought it at 38k, common on autos as after heavy breaking people can sit at the lights on the brake compounding all the heat into one location warping the disc.

Yep would agree.

Thanks guys I'll have a good chat to the dealer but I'm feeling like this one is a no!!

I wouldn't give up on it. Brake wear like this at this mileage would not be unheard of, particularly if done plenty of stop start city driving and the occasional more spirited drive.
Track day drives can chew through a set of pads in one session and rotors last maybe 2 sets of pads. If this car has been on a track and front pads and rotors have lasted this long then it has only tootled around.

Don't forget dealers are keen to make money so could have advised the previous owner to replace pads and discs. I was advised it too on my old Range Rover for it's first service. I declined. Second service I wasn't advised. Pads must have grown material.

People saying its been tracked. Ive had mine since new and drive it like any other person would but done no track days and replaced mine at 24k. Most people including myself replace disks when the pads are low so its more than likely a good looked after example.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom