C63 after 1.5 months

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

RhysC63?

Car
E350 2015 9g AMG Prem Plus, previously C63
Hello all, just thought I'd post a quick update on my new ride. With just over 1300 miles on the clock, the car is proving to be an absolute joy. Here are a few short and sweet observations:

Negatives:
Although it's a good looking car it's not really a head turner, most people don't look twice - the petrolheads always stop and stare and I've had the odd "lovely motor mate" comment but in general, it's quite stealthy. I'm gradually learning to enjoy that but deep down I'm a bit of a showoff and really miss my Maserati - I'd often see people take photos and videos of it on their mobile phones.

I find that the petrol tank is a bit on the small side - about 65 liters I think? I'm visiting the forecourts far too often, I'd expect to be able to put 90 liters in a car like this.

Black - omg :doh: I thought people were exaggerating when they said that black cars are hard to keep nice and shiny but they were right, it's a pig of a colour! I suppose the biggest problem is that it looks so damned good when its all polished up, it's frustrating that it only takes a trip to the shops to undo all that hard work. I could get away with at least 2 days between washes on my other cars :D

Positives
Outweighing everything else is the drive, it's the most competent car that I've ever driven, simply fantastic. Performance is amazing, the handling is amazing in all weather conditions, including snow, and even when I do push a bit too far, the ESP sorts it out (I very rarely see it activate which is testimony to the natural handling ability of the car)

Flexibility - I can drive it like I stole it when the time and place allows but it's also refined enough to be used as a comfortable family car for long journeys and practical enough for the school run and trips to the shops.

Fuel economy - I doubt that the ecowarriors would agree with me here, but considering this is a 6.2 V8 with spectacular performance and an owner with lead shoes, I think getting between 18 and 21 mpg out of her is absolutely incredible - compare that to a Ford Focus I hired recently which was a 1.6L bag of **** that barely managed 32mpg.

Build quality - I guess I got lucky because I've not noticed any annoying rattles or squeaks.

Sand/Black interior. It just works - special without being OTT.

So there we have it, an overwhelmingly positive experience, so if you're still sitting on the fence, jump down here to the C63 you will love it!

And as a wise man once said "There is no finer car than a C class estate" :thumb:

Just in case someone missed the pictures I posted a couple of weeks ago, here she is: (I'll try to get some new ones soon!)
_MG_5691.JPG

_MG_5707.JPG

Stunning bit of kit......I was torn between the estate and Coupe when I got rid of my saloon....

I know what you mean about being stealthy.....my saloon was White and that got more attention than my black coupe....not for much longer though :D

Rhys, thanks for the update, glad you're enjoying it. Think you missed a bit of brake dust on the wheels - needs a bit more cleaning and polishing ;-). Seriously, I think most C63 owners like to have the car clean and tidy.

It gets better when you hit about 20k miles - it grows up and the voice breaks, the sound it makes then is even better, so get driving.

Kamal

Rhys, thanks for the update, glad you're enjoying it. Think you missed a bit of brake dust on the wheels - needs a bit more cleaning and polishing ;-). Seriously, I think most 63 owners like to have the car clean and tidy.

It gets better when you hit about 20k miles - it grows up and the voice breaks, the sound it makes then is even better, so get driving.

Kamal

Corrected that for you ;)

As for hitting 20k miles.. That'll be about another years time for me. Lol :D

I'll get driving once the weather improves :thumb:

Great looking 63, Rhys :rock:

Good to hear you are enjoying it :thumb:

And as a wise man once said "There is no finer car than a C class estate" :thumb:

No, that was Steve who said that. :D

Cracking looking motor mate. :thumb:

All this cleaning :doh:...get the black wheels you can leave them for ages before cleaning them;)
i think it shows a more relaxed outlook on life having a dirty car

i might be joking..

No, that was Steve who said that. :D

Cracking looking motor mate. :thumb:

And I still stand by that, the package is excellent, refined and comfortable. Not massive but spacious enough and a nice handling car thats still relaxing.

And I still stand by that, the package is excellent, refined and comfortable. Not massive but spacious enough and a nice handling car thats still relaxing.

I think it is a great car, I would have one tomorrow.
Plus I love the looks in estate guise.

OMG it looks great in black but I always tend to go,for black!

Got till 5th Feb to make my mind up

Black or Diamond White???

I'm glad you are enjoying your AMG it is an incredible car. You do not see many C63 estates. I to have a black one which is a pain in the rear to keep clean but they do look good once polished and waxed. Your mpg is a little better than mine I only manage around 17 to 19 mpg. Over time the drive and sound will get better :thumb:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom