C63 aftermarket wheels

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AL3X

Car
C63 AMG
I've seen these wheels on ebay:

http://bit.ly/1eWTEqb

Quite tempted for my silver c63

Does anyone have any idea what they're a replica of so I can see what they'll look like? Or if anyone can recommend any nice aftermarket wheels as it's not much more to buy a new set than refurb my OEM 19's

I'd imagine your c63 wheels will be a fair bit stronger and lighter than a £500 set off ebay.

They might be the same price as a refurb , but after the refurb you will still have your strong light wheels. Buying Ebay cheapies will mean more than likely that you will have weak heavy wheels ?

I know c63 wheels can crack , but i can't imagine a set of bargain wheels will be any better.

Very true, however I'm just in a real dilemma as I've been advised not to go re diamond cut the original wheels...so I want something that will improve the looks as I'm really not keen on the standard wheels without the oem finish :/

I know they are crazy expensive but i would be going for HRE wheels, Its your call but a cheap set of wheels could "cheapen the car" and like Howard says how reliable would they be.
I am going for HRE's (after the piggy bank has filled up a bit) and then keep the originals for Winter.

As per Lee , i'd be looking for branded wheels for the 63

It'd be better to buy a secondhand set of BBS's for £xxx than a set of brand new Ebay's for the same price.

You're right the HRE are mega money but look amazing?

These wheels are the same design as 3SDM 0.01 so shouldn't look cheap, but I just need some similar wheels on a C

Opinions, may buy the 3sdm versions as they're a more recognised brand, looks wise what do we think?

Vs.

Isn't H20 selling a set of HRE's after MB came up with 19's for his 507?

I very much doubt they will be in my budget, would love
Some but cannot justify almost £4000 on a set

HRE make good wheels (and very expensive at that) but Rays and BBS make the best wheels. Have a look at Volk Racing G25. Unlike HRE, they are not just milled out of a forged billet of aluminium, they are forged by a 10,000 ton forging press, making them very light and very strong. The only downside is 3-4 months leadtime. Co-ordSport is a UK rep for Rays.

6679747833_bb39178aa7_o.jpg

I very much doubt they will be in my budget, would love
Some but cannot justify almost £4000 on a set

I'd see what he says - they are 2nd hand now.

Volk wheels are great, I used to have a set on my old Starlet Glanza turbo!

I've PMed H20, didn't realise they were cheaper than assumed!

Does nobody like the design of those wheels I've photoshopped? 3SDM wheels are well rated in the US, and I do like the design of them but I've not seen them fitted in person

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom