C63 AMG 19s or 18s?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bobbersmill

The 19s look nice but the 18s look very appealing come cleaning day. The demo I drove had 18s and the pp and rode well.
I am not having the PP so would welcome opinions on the two.

I have the 18s and non-PP suspension and think it is perfect for the type of car it is and what I use it for.

On my Porsche I have gone from 19s down to 18s because of the ride and handling compromise I felt I was geting with 19s, so I was sure I wanted 18s when I got the C63. I am happy I did. COnsidering the family ferrying that I do with it, 19s would become tiring very quickly in my opinion.

Finally, as you mention, cleaning. I've had several multi-spoke wheels in the past and hate cleaning them. The 18s are very easy to clean.

Ive also specced standard 18's and no diff lock ,have had Ferrari with 19 ,but you felt every single bump,although to be fair,the suspension will be softer on the C63.

Hi i have owned a normal c63 with 19" and now have a ppack with 18" and the drive with the 18" is sublime so much better than the 19" but i think the ppack helps.

I also went for 18's as I use the car more as a family wagon than anything else, so ride is important to me, hence why I also did not want the harder PP suspension, which luckily the new PPP does not come with the uprated 'hard' suspension.

I find the 18" alloys a great compromise and the handling is still great IMO.

Thats also what i was thinking,as its goin to be used everyday,a bit of comfort

I use my C63 with 19's everyday. I don't have the PP, and find it quite comfortable. Just depends what you're used to. All my previous cars had back breaking suspension set-ups, so I find this quite luxurious!

I have 19" wheels and no lsd or ppp
the ride is imo very good on good quality surfaces
however on poor surfaces it is bordering on too hard perhaps almost unacceptable

18 all the way

I think given the nature of the deal I have I am going to bin LSD and 19s. I really wanted something comfortable and just feel 19s may take it to the edge of being uncomfortable, as I have said this will not be tracked or raced, I will put my foot down here and there but thats about it.

I think given the nature of the deal I have I am going to bin LSD and 19s. I really wanted something comfortable and just feel 19s may take it to the edge of being uncomfortable, as I have said this will not be tracked or raced, I will put my foot down here and there but thats about it.

Same as me, obsidian black ,sahara beige (only because i always get black/black) no lsd,18's .Due last week of november ,in time for the snow ,lol :doh:

Ive been told by a few owners of the hard ride on the 19`s, i would still keep the LSD tho!

would like to hear more feedback as i'm planning on switching up to 19inch multispokes from my 18 inch 5 spokes as they look much better,.. . BUT as i drive my car almost daily i'm not 100% sold on the idea. I've got a few more months till my tyres are dead so i guess i can take my time and think about it a little longer. kids like the multispoked rims in black, wife prefers the stock ones. :)

I wouldn't bother personally, cost of tyres will go up and the 5 spokes are a rarer sight on the road.

Does someone who owns a C63 care about the difference in price between 18" and 19" tyres?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom