C63 AMG , 507 edition, worth the extra £ ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Oh, don't get me wrong, what people are prepared to pay is entirely down to them, their money = their choice.

My interest is more in what you actually get for the 507 "premium" because there are plenty of "Edition" type cars out there that are little more than a marketing exercise.

And if there's one thing I've learnt from my years of motoring forum use is when it comes to values take the owners opinions on their own cars values with a pinch of salt.

You don't have to take my word for it:

For those interested in statistics here are some I've just worked out. My calculations may be flawed, but I think gives a pretty good estimation of 507 scarcity.

According to howmanyleft.co.uk , there are approximately 4500 6.2 C63's registered in the UK

Of these 232 are Edition 507's = 5.15% of total 6.2 C63's in UK

There are currently 300 6.2 C63's for sale on autotrader.co.uk = 6.6% of total in UK
50% (150) saloon
35% (100) coupe
15% (50) estate

Of these 12 are 507 = 4% on autotrader (aprox. 8% on pistonheads)
80% (10) coupe (65% on Pistonheads)
20% (2) saloon (35% on Pistonheads)
0% estate (0% on Pistonheads)

Market prices are based on availability and desirability. There is limited 507 availability, even less so if you want 4 doors. If you want an estate, you better be looking regularly and expect a long wait.

As production ceased 2 years ago, I would expect that figure to decrease, unless some significant change in legislation or fuel taxation occurs.

Well , I found a beautiful C63 saloon , 2014 , 17k miles and its from a main dealer so benefits from the offer at the moment of 2 years Mercedes warranty . Deposit placed and collect the car tomorrow morning (Monday) . Very excited !

HK sound, 19" wheels and white leather really sold it to me . Oh and the price was insanely cheap ! Originally wanted £38.5k and I paid £29.9k and got top money for my part exchange (VW Touran) . Quite a leap going from 105bhp to 450bhp for my daily driver !

Now , just need to sort headers , remap and LSD

Last edited:
Well , I found a beautiful C63 saloon , 2014 , 17k miles and its from a main dealer so benefits from the offer at the moment of 2 years Mercedes warranty . Deposit placed and collect the car tomorrow morning (Monday) . Very excited !

HK sound, 19" wheels and white leather really sold it to me . Oh and the price was insanely cheap ! Originally wanted £38.5k and I paid £29.9k and got top money for my part exchange (VW Touran) . Quite a leap going from 105bhp to 450bhp for my daily driver !

Now , just need to sort headers , remap and LSD

£29.9k seems outrageous value. Well done :thumb:

Market prices are based on availability and desirability. There is limited 507 availability, even less so if you want 4 doors. If you want an estate, you better be looking regularly and expect a long wait.

You seem to be trying really hard to justify your reasoning!

£29.9k seems outrageous value. Well done :thumb:

Thanks ! It's a funny market at the moment for the old C63 with the new model being so good and not on the ridiculous £515 road tax

It's also just had the major service !

Wow.. wish i had u negotiating when i bought mine recently..

Lol ! Originally up for 38.5k so I'm very happy !

Had the car a few days now and loving it !!!!

But boy , does it need more "go"' and noise !

How on earth did you get 9grand off?

Just for starters, a Eurocharged remap and an IPE exhaust system it is then:D

Already been speaking to Paul at Eurocharged Watford about headers and map !

Also booked in for pro detail with Ed at Devine Detailing

How on earth did you get 9grand off?

Luck !!!!! Oh and I had the cash in the bank !

They also have a mint SLK55 AMG , 2014 with 10k miles in white that's up for £32k , I'm hoping to buy it for the Mrs , would be great to get a similar discount :bannana:

Have to say guys , what an absolutely amazing car the C63 is , so glad I bought it !

Last edited:
Luck !!!!! Oh and I had the cash in the bank !

They also have a mint SLK55 AMG , 2014 with 10k miles in white that's up for £32k , I'm hoping to buy it for the Mrs , would be great to get a similar discount :bannana:

Have to say guys , what an absolutely amazing car the C63 is , so glad I bought it !

If you do then that's a deal and a half!

You rate the SLK55 ???

It'll be to replace her 996turbo !

It won't have the same any weather any time performance Mrs S is used to, and it's one of the less popular/common AMGs, but if you can get anywhere near the same level of discount then that's a cheap car. The very earliest SLK55s are still in the mid-teens.

I'd be stunned if you can get one for less than £25k but if you can, do it!

Get the W204 - The naturally aspirated engine is a LOT better than the new turbo in my opinion. In terms of pricing - you can pick up some cracking deals. Like you mentioned, low mileage standards are around £36-38k.

I don't think much else can match the noise of that V8 on the W204.

Was you thinking Saloon or Coupe? Colour?

Silver with black alloys for me!

Daniel

I have just bought a 507 coupe from MB Sheffield.. had an E92 M3 before. Unbelievable power difference lol

:thumb:
I have just bought a 507 coupe from MB Sheffield.. had an E92 M3 before. Unbelievable power difference lol

They certainly go well with 500bhp+! I've had mine mapped now , I need to wait a few weeks to save for headers.

Im lloking for a set of the black 19's that were avail as an upgrade, mines on std 18's & i dont like them lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom