C63 AMG , 507 edition, worth the extra £ ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Ride better and cheaper tyres!

Hi Danny,

Firstly congrats on the new purchase, I brought my 507 late last year and have not stopped smiling since.

You say yours is on 18" rims, I thought one of items standard on a 507 was 19" alloys in a distinctive design not available on the rest of the range - the alloys are also forged so lighter and stronger and came in two colours (black or a highly polished titanium colour).

You are correct - 507 comes standard with unique wheels - for some early cars there was a shortage and there were an odd few delivered on stock wheels, then when the correct wheels became available they were then fitted by the dealers - but some used cars were not sorted. There is a thread on here where one guy bought one with stock wheels and went back and forth with MB but they wouldn't replace the wheels with the correct 507 ones - Robins car I think it was.

You are correct - 507 comes standard with unique wheels - for some early cars there was a shortage and there were an odd few delivered on stock wheels, then when the correct wheels became available they were then fitted by the dealers - but some used cars were not sorted. There is a thread on here where one guy bought one with stock wheels and went back and forth with MB but they wouldn't replace the wheels with the correct 507 ones - Robins car I think it was.
Hi DuncS3,

I never knew they did that, do you have the link for that thread as i'd be interested in reading up on it.

I questioned the wheels at MB when I 1st looked at the car They showed me the original buld doc, I it was ordered with 18's. The guy has had 3 63's from MB Sheffield & has had 18's on them all, they said he prefered the ride on 18's instead of 19's. Ive found a set of brand new on ebay but jusy a little warey of the condition, they want 1900 for them witout tyres, states brand new but with a few storage marks on them lol. I was told I can still get oem from MB at '' about 600 a wheel without tyres?

Im lloking for a set of the black 19's that were avail as an upgrade, mines on std 18's & i dont like them lol

If you can get them new for that price at a dealer - I'd grab em while you can. Why bother with used ones with dubious past?

I questioned the wheels at MB when I 1st looked at the car They showed me the original buld doc, I it was ordered with 18's. The guy has had 3 63's from MB Sheffield & has had 18's on them all, they said he prefered the ride on 18's instead of 19's. Ive found a set of brand new on ebay but jusy a little warey of the condition, they want 1900 for them witout tyres, states brand new but with a few storage marks on them lol. I was told I can still get oem from MB at '' about 600 a wheel without tyres?

I saw that ad the other day whilst looking for a set of winter wheels and something about the ad rang alarm bells.

To be honest (and I may be the only one ) I think the 507 wheels are ugly !

The regular 19s suit the car perfectly

Was just in the local MB parts dept. Full set of black 19" 507 alloys (no tyres) is £2494 inc VAT FYI

IMG_3193.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom