C63 AMG 507 winter tyres

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
The 6.2 one. 2013 plate. W204. Not the 507 version.

Congrats, it's a beast! great model year to pick. I was going to get a 2013 as a second car but wifey said nope.

I think a tyre like the Michelin cross climate + all season tyre is a much better choice than a full on winter tyre for southern UK but they just dont fit on a lot of c63 AMG models with 19 inch rims that can't be fitted with 18 inch rims (like my s205) . generally winter tyres aren't good enough in dry or wet from what I've read and are mainly biased towards snow or ice. the newer ones like the conti 860s are biased more towards dry and wet performance over snow which makes them potentially quite useful for our climate.
I can't say whether I'll actually be better off on the PA4s vs keeping my MPSS summers on. I'll take one for the team and let you all know in December (If they end up being a disaster and you find a set of barely used PA4s on Ebay in January, they aren't mine ...ahem ahem)

For me. . one of the reasons I bought this car is that I love the look of it on the 19s. To put winters on I'm either having to buy a weird sized tyre which isn't actually made for the wheel or buy a different set of alloys which I don't want to. Neither option is ideal and neither is worth it to me for the very few times (last winter it was zero times) I actually need them. Good luck though.

For me. . one of the reasons I bought this car is that I love the look of it on the 19s. To put winters on I'm either having to buy a weird sized tyre which isn't actually made for the wheel or buy a different set of alloys which I don't want to. Neither option is ideal and neither is worth it to me for the very few times (last winter it was zero times) I actually need them. Good luck though.

I completely agree. I would be okay with summer tyres too (have been doing it for years ) . I'm commuting around 1200 miles a month so I'm thinking of plan B for the 1st time

I am having a lot of difficulty finding the same brand and the correct sizes for the 19inch wheels and don’t want get another set of alloys which is a downgrade on the 507 alloys!

Try it without. I don't have the 507 but the normal w204 does not need winters. Definitely not.

That’s the plan! I did this with my ppp and just drove a little carefully.

Once it gets damp, with leaves on the roads or some serious rain, winter tyres do make a huge difference in stopping power and also grip when pulling away especially if off a gradient. I would not drive anything over 400 BHP without winters from Dec until April if it gets wet and frosty.

Can’t you have your winter tyres non staggered as I do? On the E63 it’s acceptable to have 255/35/19 all round, whereas on summers I have those on the front and 285/30/19 on the rear?
That way you have more choice to have the same brand on all 4 x corners

Can’t you have your winter tyres non staggered as I do? On the E63 it’s acceptable to have 255/35/19 all round, whereas on summers I have those on the front and 285/30/19 on the rear?
That way you have more choice to have the same brand on all 4 x corners

a square set up like you've mentioned is actually preferable apparently. narrower tyres are definitely better for snow and ice

Did anyone tried running this size on a w204 507?

245/35 R19 93V XL MO (x2)
265/30 R19 98V XL MO (x2)

Square set up as said already is better for winter and cheaper!

I'm picking up some 18" OEM C63 wheels tomorrow which are 4x 8J with 225/40/18. Not worried about less width on the front but I am curious as to how the rears will cope with the power...

Take a wild guess...

There were no black 18" OEM wheels for the C63 204.

I sold my black 19" multi-spokes with the diamond lip.

I'm picking up some 18" OEM C63 wheels tomorrow which are 4x 8J with 225/40/18. Not worried about less width on the front but I am curious as to how the rears will cope with the power...
Good choice! I can tell you from my experience of losing width on the rear with the square set up that yes of course a bit less grip but I’m driving of course a bit less like a loon in the colder damper weather anyway- straight line it just powers down with barely noticeable difference.
What I do notice more and have to be aware of is the greater degree of oversteer - just a bit but enough to keep you on your toes!:rolleyes:

Sounds good.

I've never tried winter tyres before but last year my C63 was absolutely useless trying to get up the modest hill back to my house after the grit ended.

A year on and I've now got a Wavetrac so with winter tyres I'll be laughing. We're having our first baby next month so I don't want to be stranded!

How much did they set you back the OEM wheels?

£850 and they were advertised on ebay for £975.

It's four front wheels rather than wider rears and comes with Michelin Pilot Alpin 4 tyres with 8mm tread. No damage to the wheels.

There's another set of virtually the same thing on ebay still now. Same style, seems to be 4 front wheels and Alpin tyres.

4 x Mercedes C 63 AMG 18”Alloy car wheels WITH WINTER TYRES used | eBay

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom