C63 AMG Black Series bodykit

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

C.Rigby

Car
Mercedes A45 AMG 2016
Hi everyone,

A friend of mine recently bought a 14 plate C63 AMG Coupe and he's decided he wants to start a project called "Project Black Series". I think you can guess what he wants to do!

Does anyone know of Mercedes will sell him the parts or would he have to go for non-genuine parts?

He wants all exterior parts and some interior. Also he's thinking of installing an armytix exhorts and getting it wrapped (maybe by Yiannimize) in Matt black.

If anyone could help that would be great!

but I'd love to get his feedback as I want to install the black series bucket seats in my C63 after having fitted them at MBWorld on the SLS that was there.

This solves my issue with the stnd seating being to high!

Someone posted this in Craigs thread about a 507 bonnet:

Company that can do it is: Projex
(but apparently mixed reactions?)

I have seen this company but I wasn't sure if they did the full black series bodykit. He would like to know how much it would cost aswell, I said just for the bodykit £2,500 (that's just a guess)

Get body kit from prior and get good body shop to fit it (be aware the fitting will most likely cost more than the kit to get it fitting right) and avoid projex at any cost.

Check out Projex on Instagram. They did the full Black series build on a black C63 Coupe.

10665613_1615619688656811_922376455_n_zpsx61cikbl.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

If you search on the US forum (not advertising them) there are some threads where guys in the US have done the conversions, with OEM parts.

Get body kit from prior and get good body shop to fit it (be aware the fitting will most likely cost more than the kit to get it fitting right) and avoid projex at any cost.

What have you heard about projex may I ask? Thank you

From what I've read, the Projex fitment is not impressive, if you have a look on the other Mercedes forum there was a long thread on it.

I itv there was also someone on here who had the work done and was quite disappointed in the end product.

Really don't understand why you would want a stock c63 to have a black series bodykit.

Like most recent AMG's, mine included, externally they are a bit non descript.

If "sleeper" floats your boat then all well and good, but I'd want something with c500bhp to shout a bit more, as, I guess, does the OP.

developer said:
Like most recent AMG's, mine included, externally they are a bit non descript. If "sleeper" floats your boat then all well and good, but I'd want something with c500bhp to shout a bit more, as, I guess, does the OP.

J yours internally is also extremely non descript, you have an m157 under your bonnet :0)

From what I've read, the Projex fitment is not impressive, if you have a look on the other Mercedes forum there was a long thread on it.

I remember reading that thread and the panel gaps were atrocious. Also where they fitted the mesh in the scoops there were gaps you could put your fingers through. Think Killer Hertz may have pointed this out?

I also seem to remember that they came across quite stroppy and aggressive when challenged, not the attitude you need when you're spending thousands of your hard earned. It may also be worth having a look for Rashman's thread about his wheels if you need to know a little bit more about their level of customer care.

I remember reading that thread and the panel gaps were atrocious. Also where they fitted the mesh in the scoops there were gaps you could put your fingers through. Think Killer Hertz may have pointed this out?

I also seem to remember that they came across quite stroppy and aggressive when challenged, not the attitude you need when you're spending thousands of your hard earned. It may also be worth having a look for Rashman's thread about his wheels if you need to know a little bit more about their level of customer care.

There's definitely someone on here who part chopped a red Black Series C63 estate in for another Merc (I think). He was very pragmatic about the standard of the work on the car but I can't seem to find the thread :confused:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom