C63 AMG Black Series revealed..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dr-Nab

MB Enthusiast
Car
B8.5 S5 Coupe 430hp/520nm
Taken from Autocar.co.uk

Mercedes’ most powerful C-Class — the 509bhp C63 AMG Coupé Black Series — goes on sale next spring with an estimated price tag of around £100,000.
Like all three previous Black Series Mercedes (see panel, right), the C63 sticks with a tried and tested formula of sledgehammer power, track-focused hard-core chassis and aggressive race-derived styling.

Power comes from AMG’s 6.3-litre naturally aspirated V8 engine, which has forged pistons, conrods and crankshaft, a new engine control unit and a 50 per cent bigger oil cooler.
The prodigious output is channelled through a seven-speed AMG Speedshift transmission, which uses a wet, dual-clutch in place of the usual fluid coupling.
The transmission has four control settings and can snap through the gears in 100 milliseconds in the sportiest Sport Plus and Manual modes.
To boost the new Mercedes’ traction and improve its handling the rear axle features a limited slip differential that is allied to three stages of ESP stability control, one of which allows the system to be completely switched off.
Under the skin is a revised chassis with wider tracks — up 40mm at the front and 75mm at the rear — stiffer anti-roll bars and suspension with “numerous setting options”.
Upgraded brakes include bigger 390mm front discs, stopped by six-piston calipers, and 360mm discs at the rear, with four-piston calipers.
A two-seat cabin is standard, with an optional rear bench with individual seats, like the ‘cooking’ C63 AMG Coupé.
Race-style bucket seats and red-trimmed seatbelts with contrasting stitching add a sporty edge to the interior.
Firsts for the Black Series are an optional Track Package and the AMG Aerodynamic Package. Included in the Track Package is super-sticky Dunlop rubber and a differential cooler sited in the rear bumper apron.
The Aerodynamic Package features carbonfibre aerodynamic add-ons for the front bumper and a fixed, carbon rear spoiler

Mercedes-Benz-2271111534254581600x1060.jpg

Mercedes-Benz-2271111534184271600x1060.jpg

Mercedes-Benz-2271111534171141600x1060.jpg

Mercedes-Benz-2271111535139601600x1060.jpg

Me likey... me likey a lot!:rock:

Does indeed look like its gona go like a sledgehammer . . . . but is it just me or do the wheels just not look quite "right" on it??? Especially on the side picture.

I want......

Agree about the wheels though and I wouldn't want it in red.

I really want one as well! Think it could do with some spacers on the wheels, they look as if they're too far inside the arches making them look odd on the side pic... for me.. in black not red, some spacers and a set of HRE 560c's :D

I want it now. But if I was picky it really doesn't have three stages of ESP, not if one of them is Off! If that is the case even a morris minor has one stage of ESP.

And it's not the most powerful C Class, thought the unofficial DR520 had more, alledgedly...

Still looks the dogs but the wheels look kind of small.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom