C63 AMG Brake Disc + Pad Prices

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

stu-c

Car
C63 AMG Coupe
Hi All
As some of you know I am looking at getting a C63 AMG in the very near future, I want to know how much discs and pads cost rather than trawling round trying to get reg numbers so I can phone the dealers up I thought it might be easier to ask on here.

I ideally want to know the price for the Following:

Pre 2011
Standard
Price Per Front Disc:
Front Pads:
Price Per Rear Disc:
Rear Pads:

Performance Package
Price Per Front Disc:
Front Pads:
Price Per Rear Disc:
Rear Pads:

After 2011
Standard
Price Per Front Disc:
Front Pads:
Price Per Rear Disc:
Rear Pads:

Performance Package
Price Per Front Disc:
Front Pads:
Price Per Rear Disc:
Rear Pads:

I know all garages probably be slightly different but will give me a rough price.

Many Thanks

Last edited:
stu-c, I don't know the price of the things you want, but I am curious as to why you always state your age at the beginning of each post...no one else does.:dk: I suspect the parts (unlike insurance) are the same price no matter what age you are.

stu-c, I don't know the price of the things you want, but I am curious as to why you always state your age at the beginning of each post...no one else does.:dk: I suspect the parts (unlike insurance) are the same price no matter what age you are.

edited to your approval, as you know then I am new to the club and just trying to get known a little better sorry

So are you intending to buy one with worn out brakes then?

I don't want to sound critical in any way but if you are, as you keep stating, 25 years old the cost of insurance will dwarf the cost of brake consumables and therefore you are wasting peoples time looking it up. Waste your own time "trawling round trying to get reg numbers so I can phone the dealers up"

edited to your approval, as you know then I am new to the club and just trying to get known a little better sorry

No worries, no need to apologise, just seems to happen when someone young joins.

Strangely when I click on your profile it throws up someone different (who joined in May last year), don't know what's going on there but for your own info a mod might do something about it.

So are you intending to buy one with worn out brakes then?

I don't want to sound critical in any way but if you are, as you keep stating, 25 years old the cost of insurance will dwarf the cost of brake consumables and therefore you are wasting peoples time looking it up. Waste your own time "trawling round trying to get reg numbers so I can phone the dealers up"

Martyn
No I am not buying a car with no brakes but I don't think anyone buys a car not roughly knowing the price of maintanenc etc, my main reason for the question is because I have been told if u get he performance package the brakes are more expensive but I have had no definitive answer on this?

I admit I am very much in the dark with Mercedes so I want to get more knowledge on them, forums are supposed to be to give advice and information so why criticise people when they ask for it?

If you must know the price of my insurance is £685 per year fully comp with an excess of £400 so I don't understand how it's unreasonable to ask for brake prices?

If you must know the price of my insurance is £685 per year fully comp with an excess of £400 so I don't understand how it's unreasonable to ask for brake prices?

Wow!

I'm tempted to say that this is not possible - but i wont. ;)

Sports brakes will be at least 4 times the cost of your insurance.

Might be best to call a main dealer parts department. They'll be able to tell you ball park costs without a chassis number.

I see you're in Leicester - try calling Mercedes-Benz of Loughborough - a member here has had the brakes replaced on his C63 with PPP there. ;)

Might be best to call a main dealer parts department. They'll be able to tell you ball park costs without a chassis number.

I see you're in Leicester - try calling Mercedes-Benz of Loughborough - a member here has had the brakes replaced on his C63 with PPP there. ;)

Thanks I might just do that I thought they need a reg number to do searches, I am from Milton Keynes in Buckinghamshire

To find 2 registrations is easy (Autotrader, eBay, Piston heads) and either call your lcoal MB dealer, or you can spend all day using our website :)

As a guide using EBC (they will be the cheapest of the upgrade options)

Pre 2011
Front Pads - £169.80
Rear Pads - £143.76
Front Discs - None Listed
Rear Discs - None Listed

Pagid RS done list anything either...

Martyn
No I am not buying a car with no brakes but I don't think anyone buys a car not roughly knowing the price of maintanenc etc, my main reason for the question is because I have been told if u get he performance package the brakes are more expensive but I have had no definitive answer on this?

I admit I am very much in the dark with Mercedes so I want to get more knowledge on them, forums are supposed to be to give advice and information so why criticise people when they ask for it?

:eek: Share with us your secret at getting your full comp insurance so cheap?(i'm almost 50 & have 10+ years no claims bonus & despite my best efforts i'm paying as much as that with a bigger excess on a less powerful mb:crazy::dk:).

Best quote I could find for a 25yr old in MK was £1600 You got a good 'un there!

From MB (using WDD204377)

Front pad kit ~£250
Rear kit ~£140
Front Discs ~£127each
Rear Discs ~£122

PPP
Front pad kit ~£250
Rear kit ~£140
Front Discs ~£750each
Rear Discs ~£122

Coincidently I was looking at the brakes on an ML63 AMG the other day and the discs looked to be cross drilled but on closer inspection they were only "dimpled". There were no holes merely indentations. I suspect they provide similar function to the holes which tend to become blocked with brake dust anyway! IIRC these should be cleared at service time but I don't think they ever are, mine certainly never have been!!

Best quote I could find for a 25yr old in MK was £1600 You got a good 'un there!

From MB (using WDD204377)

Front pad kit ~£250
Rear kit ~£140
Front Discs ~£127each
Rear Discs ~£122

PPP
Front pad kit ~£250
Rear kit ~£140
Front Discs ~£750each
Rear Discs ~£122

£750 per disk wow!! how long should they last at that price on average?

£750 per disk wow!! how long should they last at that price on average?

Depends how/where you drive! Around MK with all those 1/4 mile drags between roundabouts probably <20k miles :devil::D

To find 2 registrations is easy (Autotrader, eBay, Piston heads) and either call your lcoal MB dealer, or you can spend all day using our website :)

As a guide using EBC (they will be the cheapest of the upgrade options)

Pre 2011
Front Pads - £169.80
Rear Pads - £143.76
Front Discs - None Listed
Rear Discs - None Listed

Pagid RS done list anything either...

I thought ECP had 'every part for every car'?

Martyn

I am more than twice your age...and could not get it that cheap..so, how do you do it?

I am more than twice your age...and could not get it that cheap..so, how do you do it?

I can only assume as a named driver for an older policyholder. So likely not legal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom