C63 AMG Brake Disc + Pad Prices

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Stu.... Just my 2p's worth.... I'm one of the long termers on here and have seen many come and go... We have a wealth of knowledge and also some excellent indies that can offer great rates for maintenance etc....
If I had my way.... I'd have a "ignore" and "cxck" button... However for most posts these buttons would get over used.....
Your age is just a number... We have some seriously wealthy people on this forum, some of which are not far from your age.....
Sit back and press the imaginary "ignore" and "cxck" button....

Cheers Greg

Front discs on PP and PPP are a composite material (not just steel) hence the huge cost....they're still prone to cracking hence I had mine replaced under warranty at MB in Loughborough. The numpties there actually ordered the discs before getting approval from MB UK and then sh!t themselves when the warranty claim got declined - it took me having to escalate this to MB UK's president to get this authorised which sorted both our problems (I got my new brakes, the dealer weren't stuck with discs they'd likely not sell for years).

They told me at the time the discs would be around £1k each retail (not sure if the prices quoted previously in the thread include VAT or MB Loughborough may have been exaggerating the cost to me).

Stu - that insurance cost does look very 'competitive'....I'm early 30's and last year paid £800 with a £750 excess on my C63 so I'm keen to know who is quoting your price - my XFR is £1k to insure with Admiral so whoever you're using would likely save me a few hundred quid! PM me with the broker details please!!

ETA - blimey, just read this whole thread and what a disgrace some comments are, some from people who should know better. Good luck OP and hope you stay on here to give tales of your inevitable new AMG :)

need another 9 post counts and i can :),
just a quick question can you buy the Carbon pack wing mirrors, boot lip etc as a aftermarket part from Mercedes Benz?

also your saying about C63PP and C63PPP what is the difference?

Last edited:
need another 9 post counts and i can :),
just a quick question can you buy the Carbon pack wing mirrors, boot lip etc as a aftermarket part from Mercedes Benz?

also your saying about C63PP and C63PPP what is the difference?

Yes but they are much more expensive - £800 for a single mirror before fitting.

Yes but they are much more expensive - £800 for a single mirror before fitting.

I spoke to Mercedes parts £1063 per wing mirror £1280 for the boot lip :doh: let's just hope they find me one with the carbon pack on it :)

Wow! Some proper shocking posts on this thread - at least the positive ones outweigh the crazy ones by page 5!!

Fair play to you stu-c, enjoy the car and don't listen to the haters :)

Hi Stu-C its part of the reason I hardly use this site anymore as there are just too many jealous idiots that now use it, trusty me bud, listen to Wilsonuk and the other guys on this forum because they love cars... The C63 is a great car and in the words of Mr Clarkson, an axe murderer with headlights... it really is and a wonderful piece of kit. There are some very knowledgable and helpful people on here, which most I have met and get on very well with. Keep an ear to the ground for next year as we will be getting the AMG boys together for a few shin digs and you are more than welcome to attend my friend.

All the best to you and enjoy your AMG.:thumb:

Stu.... Just my 2p's worth.... I'm one of the long termers on here and have seen many come and go... We have a wealth of knowledge and also some excellent indies that can offer great rates for maintenance etc....
If I had my way.... I'd have a "ignore" and "cxck" button... However for most posts these buttons would get over used.....
Your age is just a number... We have some seriously wealthy people on this forum, some of which are not far from your age.....
Sit back and press the imaginary "ignore" and "cxck" button....

Cheers Greg

Good points. You do realise we already have an "ignore" button?

Hi Stu-C its part of the reason I hardly use this site anymore as there are just too many jealous idiots that now use it, trusty me bud, listen to Wilsonuk and the other guys on this forum because they love cars... The C63 is a great car and in the words of Mr Clarkson, an axe murderer with headlights... it really is and a wonderful piece of kit. There are some very knowledgable and helpful people on here, which most I have met and get on very well with. Keep an ear to the ground for next year as we will be getting the AMG boys together for a few shin digs and you are more than welcome to attend my friend.

All the best to you and enjoy your AMG.:thumb:

Benjy, we love the cars, we have to outnumber the jealous fools..
K

Benjy, we love the cars, we have to outnumber the jealous fools..
K

And we love you Kamal.... hope you are well bud!. We need to talk soon about sorting out our next adventure! :D

And we love you Kamal.... hope you are well bud!. We need to talk soon about sorting out our next adventure! :D

I Guess that'll be the 2nd floor of Bluewater centre car park, instead of the first floor as usual.

You Guys really live life on the edge...

Can anybody point even one post in this thread where anyone displayed jealousy of the C63? An undoubtedly fine motor.

I suspect both of you pay more for your insurance than young Stu is hoping to. There is no jealousy, but he was being called on the figures because there is no denying they just do not add up.

I love AMGs, as many die hard Mercedes enthusiasts do. I wish owners of any age well.

We certainly do... And as for your comment, we were looking actually at doing the Nordic AMG adventure in Scandinavia!... Why you up for it?

We certainly do... And as for your comment, we were looking actually at doing the Nordic AMG adventure in Scandinavia!... Why you up for it?

Sounds interesting. What does it entail?

No, but that sounds like proper fun as long as it's more about driving than looking at polished paint.

We need pictures of burnouts, doughnuts, slides and a bit of rallying too.

No, but that sounds like proper fun as long as it's more about driving than looking at polished paint.

We need pictures of burnouts, doughnuts, slides and a bit of rallying too.

I agree and being that my last set of tyres on lasted 4,500 miles my baby dont just look pretty she goes round bends rather well too! :thumb:

I agree and being that my last set of tyres on lasted 4,500 miles my baby dont just look pretty she goes round bends rather well too! :thumb:

Good, because I my simple way I thought that's what owning a high performance car was all about, not just saying "I have a high performance car". :)

As an aside, I think the rear tyres wear heavily due to the toe in which is set more for safe handling rather than ultimate grip or tyre longevity.
It would be interesting to see what the actual toe in is and the effect of setting it less toe in.

Apparently the reason for the prices is to put off people making there standard C-classes look like AMGs etc :-/

It probably works, you could by a reasonable car for the cost of two wing mirrors and a boot lip.:eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom