C63 AMG Brake Disc + Pad Prices

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
It probably works, you could by a reasonable car for the cost of two wing mirrors and a boot lip.:eek:

Wing mirrors and boot lip plus fitting is around £5k I didnt want to ask about the interior carbon bits lol

Apparently the reason for the prices is to put off people making there standard C-classes look like AMGs etc :-/

Hmm, I think not.

The reason all AMG bits are so expensive is because Mercedes knows it can ream AMG owners all the way to the bank...and back..

Think about it this way. An AMG car probably costs at most 10% more to make than the rest of the range, yet the selling price is at least twice as much.

All motor manufacturers admit that there is no profit in small town cars but a large wedge in upmarket cars.

You could say this about any premium product with a cheaper version in the range - the more expensive something is, the more likely the profit margins are bigger.

I bet it doesn't cost Mercedes much more to make a £30k C-Class than it does VW or Ford to make a £20k Passat or Mondeo but there's plenty of people who pay more just to have the Merc. AMG owners pay more the have the AMG, maybe for the image, maybe for the performance, maybe just because 'they can'.

It's not a bad thing because those profits on more expensive products pay for the development on the cheaper products. Those prepared to pay inflated prices for the AMG's, M's, RS's etc get their value from different things than those looking for the cheapest or most efficient products in the range....and they're probably very happy about what their extra money has paid for even if it's intangible. For instance, to me, the sound of a C63 AMG is worth the £10k more than a C350CDi just because it makes me feel good!

You can say it about anything I suppose cloths etc, you can go into Tesco buy a pair of jeans for £4 and go to some big brand find exactly the same style but for £140 but as you say sometimes it's all down to the brand but as long as people are happy paying for that extra quality etc why stop,

Another Update,
As some of you know I put my S2000 up for sale few months back

A French bloke contacted me and wanted to view the car, he came over yesterday and fell in love with her, on the advert I put any offers over £11,000 and hes going to give me £12,500.

hes put a deposit down and will be transfering the rest of the money in a few weeks time, looks like she will soon have a new home in France :(

Once the funds clear from here it will be time to look for my C63 :)

Not sure what the going rate is but that's a good chunk over your minimum. In the imortal words of Ed China: "Well done that man"

Keep up posted on the hunt...

Another Update,
As some of you know I put my S2000 up for sale few months back

A French bloke contacted me and wanted to view the car, he came over yesterday and fell in love with her, on the advert I put any offers over £11,000 and hes going to give me £12,500.

hes put a deposit down and will be transfering the rest of the money in a few weeks time, looks like she will soon have a new home in France :(

Once the funds clear from here it will be time to look for my C63 :)

he doesnt think 12,500 euros does he. :p

Hello All,
Been a while since I given you an update on my C63 hunting progress, my S2000 will be going at the end of this month so I am looking at Merc's now and I have decided to bite the bullet and get a new one in march when the new plates arrive.

I am still not sure weather to get the Saloon or coupe as the coupe has started to grow on me now.

I want to get a White one but see you can get Dimond White I would also want the full carbon pack and black wheels but I have never seen one so not sure how well the combo would work?

Does anyone have a C63 in dimond white just so I can get an idea of what they look like?

Any pictures would be great :)

Amg master has white with black alloys.

You can probably negotiate a good deal on a white one too. I was looking through PH and Autotrader, dealers mostly have white coupes with black 19 inch wheels. Not sure they are all diamond white though. Check both websites anyway, there are some good photos there.

Also, I think the original MB press photos for the coupe were diamond white with black wheels, just look for those and also check the US forums.

We certainly do... And as for your comment, we were looking actually at doing the Nordic AMG adventure in Scandinavia!... Why you up for it?

Dieselman couldnt possibly attend as he never leaves his bedroom except to purchase a new keyboard when he has smashed the old one to smitherines

only joking ...;)

Last edited:
Just a little update I have settled for the Following
C63 Coupe
Diamond White
Black / Red Interior
Exterior Carbon Pack
Interior Carbon Pack
19" Black Wheels
Privacy Glass

I know its not full of optional Extras but Ill be happy with that :)

sounds good, any date for delivery yet?

All I know is it will be March as thats when the "12" plates come out, I am actually thinking about going to Stuttgart and do a factory collection :)

k3ocb6.gif

Just a little update I have settled for the Following
C63 Coupe
Diamond White
Black / Red Interior
Exterior Carbon Pack
Interior Carbon Pack
19" Black Wheels
Privacy Glass

I know its not full of optional Extras but Ill be happy with that :)

Would suggest adding HK audio unless you plan to do something else.

Jl yes very nice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom