C63 AMG centre lock stuck

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

scottc

Car
W205 C63 Coupe
Hi all

I have a c63 w205 with the center lock wheels. Using the tool I cannot get the caps to budge at all without looking like the tool will just break.

Anyone had this and know of a better way to get them off?

Thanks

What's a "centre lock" wheel?
Are these MB original wheels?
Picture often helps.

Mmm - I didn’t know centre lock wheels are road legal...but I suppose wire wheels with centre spinners disprove that

Anyone had this and know of a better way to get them off?
Have you tried using a socket on the end of the centre cap removal tool?
These centre caps have a fine thread and it's pretty easy to cross thread them and/or damage the thread. Hopefully yours aren't damaged, but with a little more effort you should get them off. I understand you don't want to break the tool, but I can't see any other option other than some extra persuasion. 💪

What's a "centre lock" wheel?
Mmm - I didn’t know centre lock wheels are road legal
I believe what the OP describes are the mock centre caps that are in fact a cover that sits over the standard wheel bolts.

F54biCBm.jpg
WilrYj1m.jpg

K8eyRwim.jpg
yemWqqAm.jpg

I believe what the OP describes are the mock centre caps that are in fact a cover that sits over the standard wheel bolts.

F54biCBm.jpg
WilrYj1m.jpg

K8eyRwim.jpg
yemWqqAm.jpg

Thanks all.

Yes these are my wheels and that is the tool, going to get a new one tomorrow as I think mine doesn’t have enough grip.

Hopefully the new tool will get them off, if not I will have to speak to Mercedes

Was having the same problem with my centre caps. 17mm socket (make sure it’s not too worn) and try your best with spinning it on the head, you don’t want to damage the thread on the nut.

When you do tighten the centre cap back up, do it to 25nm and 130nm to the bolts. Also a light misting of grease to the centre cap where they tighten to the wheel will help with removal next time

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom