C63 AMG Coupe buyer

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cousy

Car
C63 AMG Coupé
Hello,

This is my first post on the forum, I am going to see 2 white C63 Coupes this weekend and just wanted to ask of your opinions (apologies in advance if these questions have been asked before but I couldn't find any posts)

The first one I'm going to see is a 2011 61 reg, 19k, FMBSH 125 Edition, 2 former owners for £34,495 and a private sale

Second car is 61 reg with 40k miles but has the performance package and carbon interior trim. FMBSH and MB warranty until March 2016. £36,895. Trade seller.

These cars are both local to me, what do you guys think? Go higher mileage with better spec with the trade seller and pay more or go private for less? The 125 edition seems the better choice with price and mileage but being a private sale slightly puts me off.

Thanks, Aaron

Last edited:
Both seems overpriced IMO for 61 plate cars.
Private seller's car should realistically be worth around low 30's at most. Even at that price, it wouldn't be a bargain.

Last edited:
Thanks for your reply, I haven't seen any C63 Coupes that price with low miles (under 40k) on Auto Trader. I will be viewing both this weekend, I'm leaning more towards the private sale car due to the low owner/mileage. I will see what he wants for it or how low I can get him obviously.

Last edited:
Private sale one would be my preference. Price is a bit high though.
Price difference will pay for remap and LSD which basically is the performance package.
Just check if car been tracked or maybe search car reg on forums?

They both seem expensive to me. Is that all you could find?

I will have a search regarding track use on the forum using the Reg.

Is what all I can afford? I was going to get a GTR R35 and my budget was 40k JBD.

I fell in love with the C63 noise.

Try and get the price down.
There are loads on autotrader nowadays due to W205 C63 & C63s availability.

My bad JBD I miss understood your post, those two are within 30 miles of me. Thery all seem to be over £34k for anything under 40k miles.

Both are definitely overpriced.

I would not be so concerned because it is a private sale.

I have sold my car previously to a chap who did not look friendly and he told me he was a trader who BMW used to buy cheap cars and put them on the forecourt. Sure enough I checked one week later and my car was there and it was an absolute pig. The 150 point checks are a waste of time, as long as the car has warranty paid for even if it is out of the initial 3 years it doesn't matter.

Don't be put of by private just do your research on the car.

Thanks Supaer, Other then a HPI check online what else can I do regarding getting more info? I've always bought cars from a dealer or trader.

Ahh, What options should I be looking out for? Do you think £32,990 is overpriced for this car?
I thought the spec seemed ok, not sure what the other options are?

For 30k-34k I have not seen any cars that offer any extra options then this car has listed (under 40k miles)

Last edited:
Ahh, What options should I be looking out for? Do you think £32,990 is overpriced for this car?
I thought the spec seemed ok, not sure what the other options are?

For 30k-34k I have not seen any cars that offer any extra options then this car has listed (under 40k miles)

I think its ok price.

Basic options but it does have Diamond white as extra and also carbon package.
Only extra that i would want is the Harman Kardon system but when u have the V8 zorst, you don't need one. And maybe reverse camera.

Its all about the 6.2l V8.......

Exactly my thoughts, it ticks all my boxes. With the Parking sensors I wont be using the reversing camera. I'm going to call them soon and ask for a full spec list of the car. Plus I wont be paying the screen price....

Also black wheels was an option...

Reversing camera is the only option I wish I had got on mine - the rear of the Coupe is quite high so hard to see out and the sensors aren't as good as on my old e92 M3 but I wouldn't sweat it on a second hand car.

Don't sweat over options on a c63. They are full loaded as standard. The standard sound system is good.

And you'll not miss what you don't have.

don't sweat over options on a c63. They are full loaded as standard. The standard sound system is good.

And you'll not miss what you don't have.

+1

Also, try negotiate for a new sets of tyres....

Michelin Pilot Super Sports or Goodyear Eagle Aymmetrics F1
The Continentals can be a tad noisy.

Contribution towards road tax is handy too seeing its £505 annually.

Other than that, get ready to enjoy and SMILE!

Last edited:
Cheers guys. I'll definitely be doing some negotiating. Looks like it has Dunlop tyres on it. This place has a 918 Spyder in stock at a cool £1 Million. I'm hoping they will be generous with the negotiations as this might seem a drop in the ocean compared to their other cars.

Just waiting on a full spec list email from sales.

I have just been through a similar experience as you, sourcing a black Coupe.

In the end I got a car from a main dealer, Edition 125, with 16k on the clock, reversing camera, 19's, privacy glass, etc, for less than that white one at gc motors. I get the benefit of the 1yr Merc warranty too.

I haggled hard, but I was honest from the start about what I wanted to pay.

The car is generally tidy. It's having one of the wheels refurbed, and the rear bumper needs some attention (either a good machine polish around the loading area) or a repaint. But it's such a good price, I agreed to take it at the lower price with the bumper as is. The salesman has been as good as he can possibly be in my view. I would use him again based on this.

I would say my advice is, be patient, and militant. Took me from July to Sept to judge the prices and work out the market, til I put my money down.

I'm picking it up next week, and I can't flipping wait.

I would've liked the HK audio, but the standard audio sounded great to my ears, so I won't miss it. Perf pack is obviously nice but I couldnt justify the cost premium. LSD again, would've been nice, but I don't do track days any more, and just my weekend hooning and stuff I don't think it's a big deal. Anything else like illuminated sills is just a silly bonus. The standard car is spec'd very well in my opinion, and the most important thing from my Mrs' view was the chuffing heated seats, ha!

Just my advice here! Not sure if there's a cost difference between white/black, because I only looked for black.

Hope this helps.

P.S. Mine has the same Dunlop tyres on it, in MO spec (i think), and they have loads of tread and felt great on the road. I've used all sorts in the past F1 Assym2's, RE050's, AD08's, AD05's, ParadaSpec 2's, Conti 3 and 5's.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom