c63 amg depreciation index/table/rate?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dashurik

Car
c63
Anybody can provide a link or explain the c63 amg depreciation index/table? Cant find anywhere online,which is strange!
Just trying to figure out if to buy the car with the loan or part own/part loan money.What resale figures will be in 2-4 years time,etc...
Anybody?

Get to your dealer and look at PCP quotes...

Online you should be able to see an example of a 36 month, 10k p/a agreement. My guess is somewhere near half every 3 yrs trade value.

C63

Tricky one
But I'd get a finance quote with a balloon in the mix
That balloon figure gives you worst case

Guys!
Im trying to buy used c63,2009 year...
Just would like to know what the price will be in 2-4 years from today .Surely should be a formula to calculate it!?

Guys!
Im trying to buy used c63,2009 year...
Just would like to know what the price will be in 2-4 years from today .Surely should be a formula to calculate it!?

Why 'surely?' It's not an exact science. In four years it will be an 11 year old high performance c-class that's at leat one major revision out of date. You could see what 11 year old C55s are selling for but that's not necessarily a good comparison as they have rarity on their side. Take a look at values of 9-11 year old M3s and see how much they've dropped off. Might be a reasonable yardstick.

Bottom line is history and condition are mucharged more important at that age.

Turn the key and hit the loud pedal - you'll work out pretty quickly that the maths add up :thumb:.

Why 'surely?' It's not an exact science. In four years it will be an 11 year old high performance c-class that's at leat one major revision out of date. You could see what 11 year old C55s are selling for but that's not necessarily a good comparison as they have rarity on their side. Take a look at values of 9-11 year old M3s and see how much they've dropped off. Might be a reasonable yardstick.

Bottom line is history and condition are mucharged more important at that age.

I would prefer to calculate it based on c63 model ,not m3,rs4 of any other car!
I agree that condition and milage plays a big factor in it! I might be wrong ,but beleive it should be a formula to calculate it! Hope somebody can advise.

in three years time it'll be half what you paid for it. Ballpark

Anyone that tells you there's an absolute future value is lying, because it depends on several factors:

Less, if you bought badly, more if you struck a clever purchase deal

Less, if you sell badly, more if you sell it well

Less, if you give it to a dealer (ignoring trade in deals), more if you sell it privately

Less, if you've done less than 8,000 miles a year, more if it's more than 8,000 miles a year.

Less, if you've not serviced it, or fool yourself into thinking a series of oil changes are 'normal servicing," more if you've serviced it well with a main dealer,

Less, if you've not repaired that damage, more if any damage has been repaired and if you've spent £200 on getting the car detailed for sale.

Less, if you sell it in the depths of winter; more if you sell it in April/May

(And, as a wee Ps remember that at 3 years old, you don't worry about insurance groups on a £30k car purchase. But the buyers of a 6 year old car are much more sensitive about insurance, servicing, and general maintenance costs of such a car, and that scares a lot of people away from excellent high performance luxury cars)

Last edited:
No one has a crystal ball and you cant calculate anything as there is no formula.

Buy it, expect it to lose half its value every 3 yrs, expect to spend that amount again in fuel, insurance and maintainence, and if that doesn't work for you, don't buy it.

Last edited:
Lets assume as todays example:
2009 c63amg
Full service
Exelent in and out
50k miles
£25k
So you think in 3 years time it will be £12-13k? 50% deprecuation on 7 year old car from today? Im
Im not expert but I think way too much fepreciation on ised car! As far as I know most depreciation comes in first 3 years(50%).Then preventage of depreciation is much less!
I own my 2003 350z now,bought it for £7k 3 years ago.If I want to sell it privatelly now I will get £6-6.5k,if trough WBAC £5.3k.
Its definetelly not 50% depreciation as you can see!
More thoughts?

If you can start with a car that's in your budget, check out what cars three to five years older go for.
I've done this to get a rule of thumb figure for estimating it's future value it takes a bit of effort but it's what I've been doing for years. I'm sure my theory is not perfect but can give an idea of what current market values are at this moment in time

There is what I call a sweet spot when buying a car, first of all I always buy a car at three to five years old from new and to me as a buyer it has to be as good as a new car and so far I've managed that.
In my last few purchases I've managed to buy a car around 20-30K miles full main dealer service history and all so far with the balance of renewed or current warranty and have never paid more than 50% of the original retail price of the car. It is obvious that this sort of time scale to me makes the most sense and your losses from this point on are in relative terms minimal at least that is from my experience to date.

When it has come time to sell on after a year or over two years in the case of my last Boxster I did not loose one pound on the sale, that may be luck but I'll flatter myself and say careful judgement but I did heaps of research (my wife says way too much time) on secondhand prices of my choice of car.
Just to qualify this I have paid out for main dealer servicing as most private buyers seem to prefer that along with any manufacturers warranty.

So far I have to say I don't know what big engined AMG's will go for but again doing the maths my SL had a list of £120K it was just over 5 years old and had 26K miles when I bought it for a severely haggled price of £37.5K so I reckon at a worst case scenario I'll loose maybe £1-2K looking at the cars for sale at the moment.

I know some people love to buy a new car but I have concluded that you certainly pay for that privilege with a loss of perhaps 50% of its value.
The way I look at it is if you have a budget of £85K you can buy 2 really good completely different cars and a couple of motorbikes for your budget and have a bit left over to run them rather than potentially loosing half your money on buying a new one.

If you can start with a car that's in your budget, check out what cars three to five years older go for.
I've done this to get a rule of thumb figure for estimating it's future value it takes a bit of effort but it's what I've been doing for years. I'm sure my theory is not perfect but can give an idea of what current market values are at this moment in time

There is what I call a sweet spot when buying a car, first of all I always buy a car at three to five years old from new and to me as a buyer it has to be as good as a new car and so far I've managed that.
In my last few purchases I've managed to buy a car around 20-30K miles full main dealer service history and all so far with the balance of renewed or current warranty and have never paid more than 50% of the original retail price of the car. It is obvious that this sort of time scale to me makes the most sense and your losses from this point on are in relative terms minimal at least that is from my experience to date.

When it has come time to sell on after a year or over two years in the case of my last Boxster I did not loose one pound on the sale, that may be luck but I'll flatter myself and say careful judgement but I did heaps of research (my wife says way too much time) on secondhand prices of my choice of car.
Just to qualify this I have paid out for main dealer servicing as most private buyers seem to prefer that along with any manufacturers warranty.

So far I have to say I don't know what big engined AMG's will go for but again doing the maths my SL had a list of £120K it was just over 5 years old and had 26K miles when I bought it for a severely haggled price of £37.5K so I reckon at a worst case scenario I'll loose maybe £1-2K looking at the cars for sale at the moment.

I know some people love to buy a new car but I have concluded that you certainly pay for that privilege with a loss of perhaps 50% of its value.
The way I look at it is if you have a budget of £85K you can buy 2 really good completely different cars and a couple of motorbikes for your budget and have a bit left over to run them rather than potentially loosing half your money on buying a new one.
Good approach Birma!
I guess after 5 years car won't loose that much anyway,think it has lost much of its value already(60% ?)..Just wondering what is an average depreciation % a year on the c63 after 5 years?
Also can anybody confirm the price of c63 w204 when new?

Last edited:
Good approach Birma!
I guess after 5 years car won't loose that much anyway,think it has lost much of its value already(60% ?)..Just wondering what is an average depreciation % a year on the c63 after 5 years?
Also can anybody confirm the price of new c63 w204 when new?

There seem to be an awful lot at around £19-20K with 80-100K miles so I would hazard a wild guess at a worse case figure of £5K loss over a few years.

The cheapest ones are still around 20k, on 07 08 plates. They seem to be holding there money quite well IMO.

There seem to be an awful lot at around £19-20K with 80-100K miles so I would hazard a wild guess at a worse case figure of £5K loss over a few years.

Thats the cheapest ones! I assume they probably have end of life tyres ,pads and disks and that could be £2-3k easy!
Im after low mileage example,they around £24-25k.Just wondering what they will be after 3 years? I only do max 3000-4000miles a year !

Thats the cheapest ones! I assume they probably have end of life tyres ,pads and disks and that could be £2-3k easy!
Im after low mileage example,they around £24-25k.Just wondering what they will be after 3 years? I only do max 3000-4000miles a year !

I'm not quite sure how quickly C63's sell from a private sellers point of view but I would do my calculations on potential value should I have to sell at between what I paid for it and what the cheapest ones on the market are.
I fully appreciate what you say might be required with such cars and I think it boils down to the fact you may just be able to sell it quicker than the others.
One significant factor could well be the fact that fuel is just over a £1 litre at the moment, if it were to go up significantly the value of cars with 6 litre engines is bound to be effected.

Lets assume as todays example:
2009 c63amg
Full service
Exelent in and out
50k miles
£25k
So you think in 3 years time it will be £12-13k? 50% deprecuation on 7 year old car from today? Im
Im not expert but I think way too much fepreciation on ised car! As far as I know most depreciation comes in first 3 years(50%).Then preventage of depreciation is much less!
I own my 2003 350z now,bought it for £7k 3 years ago.If I want to sell it privatelly now I will get £6-6.5k,if trough WBAC £5.3k.
Its definetelly not 50% depreciation as you can see!
More thoughts?

Well the thing you are not accepting is that this is not a Ford Mondeo,the car you want is a flying machine that does few miles to the gallon:bannana: the number of people who want to run a car like that is far less than a Mondeo,the car you want is just not a everyday driving to work car of course you can if you wish,but these cars since rocks were soft have always depreciated at a heart stopping rate,most people buy them because they want to dive and own one,if you look after it you might get £12,000 depends on many factors like petrol at £3 a litre then you will have to pay somebody to take it away.

You want a low miler, the pre facelifts at low miles are around 25-29k, so after those years it's worth 16k there you go!

Ballpark

well done on op for doing research and being sensible prior to purchasing a car, usually for me it is a wow i love it, test drive it, quick numbers check and buy it. depreciation is always going to be there just depends on how much you want the car and your intent, if you intend to only own it for a few years and sell it on you want a car that has a better depreciation norm, if you intend on owning a car until it breaks who cares about depreciation.

why dont you look at a 09 car and a 10 car and do a like for like comparison, same spec average difference of 10k miles between each of them. work out the price variance and thats your depreciation. I suppose you'll have to look at atleast 3-5 examples and obtain your average.

if you lose half of what a car is worth in the first 3 years then its an annual depreciation of 20% p.a. it could well be still 20% depreciation per annum thereafter but the bulk of the cost has diminished so you do not think its a lot in comparison to the first 3 years.

It'll be worth £6k after three years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom